Gave 5 JW's Something to Think About at a Starbucks Today

by flipper 81 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

Junkyarddog: Ooops --- I agree completely they are full of bad stuff. I just can't imagine (the ones I knew/know) being phased one iota (strong witnesses quite egomaniacs) about what we "worldly" folk think about them because they are so full of themselves and their religion. It makes me sick how they look down on every other religion institution and I made this known while inside. No good for me at the time.

I'm not doubting Moshe one bit and it's good to know that the witnesses care about their image to the media. Some of the religions out there must educate their people on the JW cult and there can't be enough of that going on. I love Moshe's posts and knowledge.

Call me whatever (you've certainly read me wrong) --- I never bought into most of their belief system and how I ended up in the membership roles still baffles me. I was always opening my mouth and being pulled aside by the clergy class and told to wait/have more faith and wait on Jehovah for understanding. Still don't understand how people go along with it but everyone needs hope.

Love your screen name and have called a family member Junkyarddog for yrs. Gotta love Jim Croce --- or think that's where I picked up the term many moons ago.

LV101

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

Flipper ; I re thunked my response to your witnessing work. And you did a fine FINE JOB. Your right you planted just enough seeds to have the whole cong. talking for months about that man who stepped up to jw's at the coffee shop. You never know what you tell a jw might stick in their head for years and bare fruit. The part i like about witnessing to jw's in the street, is you will most likely never see that person again. But in your heart you know you did a good deed. that in it self takes love. peace out

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

LV101; I guess i may have read you wrong. and i'm old enough to remember Jim Croce "bad bad leroy Brown". I'm happy for you that you stood up to the hard nosed jw's in your time. On a side note, I have also dealt with the same Holier than thou jw's and got my ass kicked many times. I'm just trying to point out that I have learned to turn these so called super jw's into nothing more than babbling idiots and make them understand i just made a jack ass out of them. The whole trick is to make them know in thier heart you just exposed them . and take that stupid smirk off their face and embarrass the shit out them. I hope you see were i'm coming from . I get so much pleasure today exposing jw's that gave me a hard time 40 years ago, as nothing more than spritual drunkards, liars and Wts Zombies. Hope that makes sense.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

JunkYardDog: Your right you planted just enough seeds to have the whole cong. talking for months about that man who stepped up to jw's at the coffee shop.

They will probably have a service meeting part telling how Sister A. Brunette straightened out a worldly man at a coffee shop when he approached them with a question about JW's Shunning Policy. He couldn't understand that it is really a loving arrangement until she explained it's just a like when a parent gives there young child a "Time Out".

Everyone will commend her on her use of illustrations.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

week in week out we hear similar stories of how we "anti witness" to them and without fail it never ceases to amaze me how these people simply LIE out of thier dirty defiled mouths, evil lying scum they are.

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

Latest WT study edition, Apr. 15th, 2012. Page 12, paragraph 17:

Consider just one example of the good that can come when a family loyally upholds Jehovah’s decree not to associate with disfellowshipped relatives. A young man had been disfellowshipped for over ten years, during which time his father, mother, and four brothers “quit mixing in company” with him. At times, he tried to involve himself in their activities, but to their credit, each member of the family was steadfast in not having any contact with him. After he was reinstated, he said that he always missed the association with his family, especially at night when he was alone. But, he admitted, had the family associated with him even a little, that small dose would have satisfied him. However, because he did not receive even the slightest communication from any of his family, the burning desire to be with them became one motivating factor in his restoring his relationship with Jehovah. Think of that if you are ever tempted to violate God’s command not to associate with your disfellowshipped relatives.

^They are really beefing it up now. What's more incredible to me is how so many are unaffected. My mother and a wonderful brother were sitting in the car the other day. They were discussing how my aunt hasn't spoken to her daughter in 20 years how awful that was...how could someone do that to their own daughter. All I could do was sit there in complete shock. How could they not realize the obvious hypocrisy. My mother would be just as willing to shun me for 20+ years if it meant staying loyal to the organization. It's unfortunate their not alone.

My DA letter is going to be very long, most of which will likely cover disfellowshipping and it effects.

Great job Flipper! Hopefully you causes some gears to start turning in their heads.

• flipper
    flipper

JOOKBEARD- Thanks, appreciate it.

TORNAPART- I try to remain calm so the JW's will listen to me more. I agree that a lot of JW's probably would like to see shunning end too. But they are too mind controlled to stand up against it.

00DAD- I agree with you - Steve Hassan's books have helped me a lot as well in dealing with my 2 JW daughters shunning of me and how to cope with it. If I predict it right, they may not even TELL JW's in their congregation on a meeting part that my interchange with them took place. You know- out of sight, out of mind. You know how much the WT society reps are into plausible deniability.

JUNK YARD DOG- Well, I appreciate your takes on things as well. We all have different means we use to reach JW's. I respect your ways as well. Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

ABIBLESTUDENT- Good point you bring out about asking JW's is this shunning to help the DFed person or is it to control the behaviors of active JW's ? It would be interesting to see their answer.

JOOKBEARD- It is amzing how JW's try to deny, deny, deny- isn't it ?

STILLSTUCKCRUZ- Thanks for posting that April 15th WT article on DFing. It is amazing how JW's like your mom and others can't see how much shunning takes place right there within their own JW cult ! It's like their brains are being sedated through the mind control of the WT society

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

FLIPPER - I'm glad you spoke your mind and probably planted some seeds. But. . . .

How many of them do you think rationalized counting their COFFFE BREAK TIME @ STARBUCKS because THEY think THEY gave YOU a witness?

Nxt time you run into these Starbuckers, remind them of THE URGENCY OF THE TIMES and how millions will DIE at ARMAGEDDON because they're at Starbuck's sipping their Salted Carmel Mocha-Latte!

Just being a smartass. You did good.

• LV101
    LV101

Junkyarddog --- I hear ya! I was miserable to the point of exhaustion the short time/missed meeting time I was in. It was the worse time of my life yet many are perfectly content/happy there. I have to run into witnesses more than I care to (all they care about is sales quotas so I've shared way too much info---they love to yak) when I'm shopping/errands and I kill them w/kindness but they know how I feel/felt yrs. ago and didn't/couldn't conform. i've opened my mouth and had many sleepless nights worrying about the aftermath. last xmas season discussed (to an elder & wife) how the holiday is important to people celebrating w/family, pay respect to their savior, Christ (if religious or believers), and how it brings out the good side of many humans, etc., and they told me it was about killing Christ and how the astrologers are bad and (don't know if i ever knew what witnesses believed about the gift giving part of the astrologers) I said the gift-giving couldn't be all that evil regardless and told them to get a good, NIV Bible, or any decent translation other than the NWT --- omigoodness --- not good later for me waiting for the fall out. Under the circumstances, I have no choice and to avoid any problems (feel like i'm walking a tight rope w/those I love so going to plan B. I can't hurt those I cherish inside the cult anymore (too many bad scenes of crying, hurt). It's been ugly and I have Hassan's books just need to read his advice. This isn't the first set of clergy men in the past year and half I've told and there's been issues.

Wish I could do more --- you are all heros doing everything you possibly can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit