Gave 5 JW's Something to Think About at a Starbucks Today

by flipper 81 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

Thanks for link, Flipper, and great job.

Moshe - "JWs are sensitive to the social opinion . . ." Really? I have a couple of Jewish acquaintances/friends who think they are the devil's cult -- I've wondered where they are informed or receive info about the JWs. They couldn't believe I (or any other human being) have family members involved and asked how/why they became involved w/the religion. It's embarrassing how people talk/feel about the witnesses.

LV101

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

LV101:

It's embarrassing how people talk/feel about the witnesses.

I know. As Witnesses, we were told that wordly people envied us and what we had.......

Soooooooo not true.

• LV101
    LV101

palmtree67 --- on another post I mentioned Carlitos. Think I typed wrong streets but they are Patrick and Pecos. Real Mexicans (visiting here from Mexico) visit this restaurant.

Yeah, the lying clergy class had envy confused with pity. I felt sorry for classmate many yrs. ago when I was a child. She was such a neglected girl growing up w/subhuman JW parents (sorry, I'm merciless toward loser parents). People in the world know it is one of the worse religions thus the small membership. Not hard to find a seat in one of their places of worship compared to the Catholic Church in Vegas.

LV101

• smiddy
    smiddy

Good for you flipper , but before you left you could have looked at your watch and said thanks guys thats 15 minnutes I can count my time for .

smiddy

• Open mind
  • steve2
    steve2

Flipper well done. Stunning work. You came well prepared! You captured well the superficial sweet reason they bring to their callous treatment of family. I like the way you descibe how the brunette spokesperson started out denying the neice would be shunned but when she realized you knew your topic well, she slyly slipped into the parenting comparison with being sent to your room. Whenever I was sent to my room as a kid, my mother was at my door well within 30 minutes and saying she would like to come in and have a chat with me. How dare the JW you talked to use a perfectly okay prenting strategy and liken it to shunning!

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

Flipper; i thank you of your work at starbucks and i know your a standup guy. the mistake you made was not pressing them when you had them ON THE ROPES. wHY did you walk away with your knowledge? You had them over a barrell, you should have grinding them for all it was worth. You knew you had them and you let them off the hook. just my honest thoughts. don't be mad I still love you. But I have learned NEVER LET A JW OFF EASY WHEN YOU KNOW YOU EXPOSED THEM. pound away.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

Moshe - "JWs are sensitive to the social opinion . . ." Really? I have a couple of Jewish acquaintances/friends who think they are the devil's cult -- I've wondered where they are informed or receive info about the JWs. They couldn't believe I (or any other human being) have family members involved and asked how/why they became involved w/the religion. It's embarrassing how people talk/feel about the witnesses.

LV101

LV101; If you knew 2% of what Moshe Forgot about the Witnesses you would never question his knowledge or actions. When it comes to exposing the wts Moshe is an Oscar winner many years over. Hope one day ,you can have that understanding how Full of $hit the wt is. And i'm not a jew or Jewish. You say "it's embarrassing how People talk about the witnesses" Well what do the jw's talk about everybody else? the wts teaches they are all Bird food.... so you sound like a Hypocrite. read mt 23. In my book jw's are $hit, and I'll take that to my grave

• nugget
    nugget

It is funny how jws view of shunning is as a benign action similar to a time out. In the time out process the child is isolated for 1minute for each year of life so there is no comparison between the shunning process of jws and loving parental discipline. I think you handled it well focusing on one topic and one point and challenging them. Jws always deny that people are shunned even though they know that it can and does happen. Hopefully they will think this over.

• cofty
    cofty

wHY did you walk away with your knowledge? You had them over a barrell, you should have grinding them for all it was worth.

I disagree. If I had anindividual elder to talk to I might go that way. If he had done that with this group in a public place he would have left them with the impression that ex-jws are arrogant oafs. Instead he gave them something to think about and kept his dignity. Class act!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit