Gave 5 JW's Something to Think About at a Starbucks Today

by flipper 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Flipper,

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall at that Starbucks. Staying in control of the conversation and remaining calm while at the same time making reasonable points on the harm shunning can do will probably go a long way in helping anyone who has an ounce of reasoning power left to begin to wake up. EXCELLENT JOB!!! That is the real point---helping someone to escape the clutches of the WT borg.

Thanks for the link to the Huffington Post article. I have saved a copy for future reference.

Reopened Mind

• exjehovah
    exjehovah

It is funny someone saying that if they could get away with stoning someone, they would. It's a great analogy because the behavior of shunning is so archaic. They only thing it does it cause families to break apart. Forcing someone to belong to a group they really don't want to be a part of is ridiculous. It's so manipulative.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

What a great group the JW's have placed themselves with when it comes to shunning. Here in the wilds of PA we hear stories of the Amish being shunned. It always reminds me of the Brog and their loving way of dealing with free thinkers. Good job flipper. Like my wife I wish I could of been a fly on the wall to listen to their reaction to what you said. Keep up the good work. I feel some day soon my wife and I will be facing the same problem. Knowlege is a very powerful weapon. Thanks for the insight. Totally ADD

• moshe
    moshe
    JYD-the mistake you made was not pressing them when you had them ON THE ROPES. wHY did you walk away with your knowledge? You had them over a barrell, you should have grinding them for all it was worth.

JWs think they are to top dog predator religion- they believe they eat all the church members for lunch, they think they are God's special servants- so like JYD, I feel they must be put in their rightful place and I never miss a chance to humilate/expose them in public. It takes practice to discover how to do this and stay in control of the discussion- The JWs are experts at changing the subject away from one that will hurt them, and using weasel words to lie their way out of some bad facts about their religion. Flipper did a good job with the time he spent- a coffee shop is no place mop the floor with JWs- wait until they head to the parking lot.

Speaking of JWs in coffee shops and McDonalds- I always have some WT expose flyers in my car, so if I see some JWs inside I will often casully check the car seats outside for book bags- and bingo- they get a flyer- folded down low under the wiper, so that it is hard to see- then I'll go back inside and see if I can talk to them.

• 00DAD
  • moshe
    moshe

Hmm, looks like some JWs getting even with a fader who was discovered coming to this apostate website.

• steve2
    steve2

The cruel and inhumane beliefs people justify with sweet reason they show themselves capable of doing with "sweet" actions. Shunning is one of many divine acts obedient believers carry out.

No wonder: They admire Abraham - a man who showed himself capable of preparing his own son for sacrificial murder upon the command of his "true god". A religion that teaches salvation through the bloody sacrifice of a divine son can never be loving - because it will always be on the cutting edge of violent acts of murderously sacrificial acts - if divinely required - and believers have a wonderful capacity for seeing divine commands in the most brutal of human behaviours.

• Room 215
    Room 215

You gotta love how the practice of copping out of door-to-door in favor of coffee time -- while counting through it all -- has become so ingrained in current JW culture.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"the dildo brained Witnesses try changing the subjects every two minutes"

Flipper! Don't be insulting dildos by comparing them to JW brains! LOL. Dildos get used more often than JW brains.

Love the way you handled the situation. Thanks for sharing. I learn a lot from your example.

"it's like when you send your children to their bedroom when you discipline them for a 30 minute time out and isolate them from the family. You do it out of love so they'll learn to be good and obey."

Wow, that's some uneducated tripe she's serving up. Shunning is much more like schoolyard bullying. If they want to use a "family illustration", it would be more like a parent that would kick a child out of the house to fend for themselves, not because the child was disobedient, but just because the child asked the wrong question that made the parent uncomfortable. And shunning is like a parent that will severely punish one child just to set an example that will terrorize the other children to obey.

For many, if not most, of those that get shunned, they don't "learn to be good and obey" their WT bullies. They get on with their lives outside of WT world and the bullying and punishment isn't really effective to get them to return. However, the fear of being disfellowshipped is powerful in terrorizing any sheeples that would ever dare to think critically.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

well done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit