Gave 5 JW's Something to Think About at a Starbucks Today

by flipper 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Listener
    Listener

In JW land what happens to that 'child' that comes out of their 'room' and apologizes.

The elder says 'well I'm not sure whether you really mean that, it's not enough to say that you will never do that bad thing again. In order to prove to me that you are sorry I want you to do twice as much daily chores for the next three months and you will have no privelages whatsoever during that time."

• steve2
    steve2

We should at least give the modern-day JWs credit for knowing how to inflate their hours of preaching work by having coffee breaks.

Old time JWs, probably long dead by now, would be utterly shocked and confused by the comparatively laid-back attitude of witnessing in the 2010s.

On the other hand, if those old timers could have looked so far into their future and seen the old system still existing, they may have sneakilly thought: "Shit, if I thought the old world would last much longer than me, I would have had the sense to have taken more coffee breaks - and maybe even had a complete break from the ministry!"

• Scott77
    Scott77

Impressive and awesome tactic. Good job.

Scott77

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    I always have some WT expose flyers in my car, so if I see some JWs inside I will often casully check the car seats outside for book bags- and bingo- they get a flyer- folded down low under the wiper, so that it is hard to see- then I'll go back inside and see if I can talk to them.

Thank you, Moshe. You have just given me a great idea.

....And a great job Flipper. A big thumbs up from me.

Chris

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I would say you scored some big points in your witnessing technique with these 5 JWs. They will not forget this exchange with you any day soon! In fact you may very well have given them some food for thought.

Now, your next assignment (should you accept): There is a high probability that the 3 elders will revisit this same Starbucks on the same day of the week at the same hour as before. Your mission this time is to approach the elders as you did the other 5 JWs, using the same presentation. Be as composed and maintain control of the discussion as you did with the other JWs. I guarantee you a grand slam!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Old time JWs, probably long dead by now, would be utterly shocked and confused by the comparatively laid-back attitude of witnessing in the 2010s.

On the other hand, if those old timers could have looked so far into their future and seen the old system still existing, they may have sneakilly thought: "Shit, if I thought the old world would last much longer than me, I would have had the sense to have taken more coffee breaks -

Yeah! WHERE IS THEIR ZEAL?

JWs today are appathetic. (Not to be confused with "pathetic" which also applies in many cases.) Seventy or eighty years ago, JWs were selling off all their worldly goods and hitting road in make-shift motorhomes to go save lives before the "Big A" swept in and killed the innocent (deserving) masses of mankind. They BELIEVED the end was near. NOT TODAY! Most R&F JWs simply DO NOT believe The End (TM) is near. Isn't that evident by their casual lifestyle? The vast majority all have BIG homes, BIG 30-year mortgages, new cars, new clothes, new families (babies for the young couples, literally "new family" for all those who decided Armageddon was a long way off and so they decided to shop for a new spouse). The ones who are not "living it up" are not doin so because THEY CAN'T -- the don't have the finances to keep up with those that do. So they may talk the talk of simplifying to pursue spiritual things, but in reality if they hit the lottery it wouldn't be "let's retire to pioneer", it would be "let's retire to a big house on the beach with a 4-car garage for the new His & Hers Bimmers . . . ."

The increase in publishers' hours is totally ficticious. Like Flipper, YOU have to go to Starbucks and YOU have to initiate the conversation if you want to get preached at.

DOC

• flipper
    flipper

Been away and busy for a couple days. Will catch this thread up with pg.3 responses and pg. 4. Thanks all for your comments.

BREAKFAST of CHAMPIONS- Yeah, that thought occured to me later that these JW's were counting their time. Little did they know I was doing the same though ! LOL !

LV101- I know what it's like running into Witnesses occasionally. Fortunately for me I work alone in vacant non-populated buildings at night- so I don't have to run into them often. I certainly feel for any of you who have to deal with Witnesses on a regular basis. It's probably very annoying

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Excellent witness, Mr. Flipper!!! (sorry, I couldn't resist.)

I have been away for a while (and I haven't even lurked! Can I have a cookie?) but it is great to see you, and thank you for this "encouraging experience and timely article." Oh dear heavens, I need to stop. Joking aside, you ROCK!!!!

Hugs to the gorgeous Mrs. Flipper!

Love,
    Baba.

• flipper
    flipper

REOPENED MIND- I agree, the main motive is to enlighten some of these JW's to reality. All they are given is their WT society publications. It's good when we can show them outside information. You never know which one of them might wake up.

EXJEHOVAH- I agree shunning is archaic and manipulative. And very hurtful. It needs to stop.

TOTALLY ADD- I bet you do get a lot of Amish back in Pennsylvania for sure. Knowledge is power and it's great when we can help JW's or anybody for that matter to use their real, authentic minds.

MOSHE- I also leave anti-Witness material in windshields or at JW kingdom hall parking lots randomly. I try to expose stuff to them off of the Internet to broaden their horizons so to speak. I felt it was best to keep it short with the 5 JW's in the Starbucks so they wouldn't try to change the subject and dilute the message about shunning I was trying to get across. Hopefully one of them will actually read it.

00DAD- Pretty intimidating picture there. I could picture Witnesses treating DFEd or inactive Witnesses that way. If it was legal.

STEVE 2 - I agree with you that JW's ARE on the cutting edge of being for sure psychologically violent towards us faders and DFed ones. If it was legally allowed, I'm quite sure they'd b physically violent towards us. It wouldn't surprise me if someday the WT society approves of more aggressive action towards DFed ones or inactive ones. Many JW's would follow without blinking an eyelash.

ROOM 215- I have seen JW's take 30 minute or hour coffee breaks before. I used to try to eat lunch when I pioneered. Used to piss off my field service companions. I would just tell them to leave with somebody else if they didn't want to wait for me to eat lunch.

BILLY the EX-BETHELITE- My bad for comparing Witnesses brains to dildos. Dildos have a much more positive, useful purpose ! It was a pretty lame illustration used by the JW brunette woman. No comparison to someone being cut off from family for months and years . You are right shunning is punitive and hateful.

STILLAJWEXELDER- THanks, I appreciate it.

LISTENER- If a person is disciplined in JW land they ARE given restrictions, treated badly, even more than a child is by parents for 20 minutes that's for sure.

SCOTT 77- Thanks , appreciate it.

BLACK SHEEP- Thanks again.

JW GONE BAD- I hope my message reached at least one of them. You just never know. I don't think I'll try to show any of the elders the shunning info because they won't listen anyway. They are there to " protect the sheep " from us supposedly " ravenous wolves " so I'd rather talk to rank and file Witnesses who are being controlled and manipulated by elders, C.O's, D.O's and WT leaders. My intuition tells me that .

DESIROUS of CHANGE- I agree with you. I've noticed that todays JW's are really apathetic and don't follow the WT society rules to the tee. Some fanatic Witnesses do, but most don't. Good, maybe there is hope for some of them after all.

BABA YAGA- Nice to see ya Baba ! Good hearing from you! Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully some of those Witnesses will read what I gave them. My wife says Hi as well ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Many know in their hearts that shunning is inhuman but can't make the disconnect. ..." WasAnElder Once
    "JWs are sensitive to the social opinion that the world has of them..." Moshe

Yeah, nothing chastises a devout JW like realizing just exactly HOW people in the REAL world ACTUALLY do view their harsh, dictatorial, and out-of-touch behaviors....

GOOD FOR YOU, Flipper!!!

"You never know what law you might break to tick someone off in that religion and how long you will be shunned. One time it was because I wanted to buy a ceramic Starbucks cup and the pioneer elder's wife I was with got in a real uff because as she explained to me the logo on a Starbucks cup is of a Greek goddess! When I said well we drink out of their paper cups she rolled her eyes at me and said yes but we then throw them out!!!!!!!!! She treated me like I was a complete idiot. ..." Life is To Short

Sheeeeeeaaaaaaasssshhhh....

Guess which elder's wife WAS actually acting like a "complete" idiot???!!!??? Besides, that "Starbuck's" icon ISN'T a "sea goddess"; it's either a mermaid or a ship's figurehead...

What an ignorant maroon that elder's wife was... I'll bet that the Starbucks personnell - if they overheard the conversation - had a huge laugh about her ignorance, after she'd left...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit