Is there one Bible Prophecy.....

by Phizzy 80 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Here I am willing to put my head upon a block. If it comes to pass, I'll be happy. If not, I’m sunk as a prophetic interpreter, which is no loss. So let me put my money where my mouth is. According to Daniel (11:40-12:2), this is what is to occur. I have aligned the prophecy with current happenings during “the latter part of the days” (Dan. 2:28), also known as the end time (Dan. 11:40). So far so good.

King of the North: China-Russia (used to be USSR-China)

King of the South: Anglo-America

Land of Egypt : The world

Libyans: Arab nations

Cushites: African nations

Dan. 11:40 : The Cold War (1948-1990)

Dan. 11:41 : Invasion of the Beautiful land = the destruction of the organization of JWs

Dan. 11:42 : Their hangers-on (as Ammon, Edom, and Moab) will escape

Dan. 11:43a : The King of the North (China-Russia) will control the valuables of the “the land of Egypt”, i.e., the world, e.g., resources, industries.

Dan. 11:43b : Arab and African nations will be followers of King of the North

Dan. 11:44 : Reports from home will enrage the King of the North. All religion and religionists will be annihilated.

Dan. 11:45 : The King of the North will hold sway until he’s destroyed.

Dan. 12:1 : Michael will stand up by destroying all the governments of the nations. This will herald in the great tribulation and Armageddon (cf. Dan. 2:44, 45).

Dan. 12:2 : Under God’s kingdom the resurrection will take place.

This knowledge will be made available during the end time (Dan. 12:3)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Oh Gawd,

Daniel was written for its 2nd century BC audience, as far as the writer and his readers were concerned it was all fulfilled then.

If the world has not grown up and realised that the Bible is hogwash and religion is a "snare and a racket" then in 200 years time some apocalyptic end times enthusiast like you Vidqun, will come along and say all of Daniel will be fulfilled in his day, every end times nut feels it will happen in their time, why should it ?

It will not happen at all, there is no end to the "system", no "Armageddon" controlled by god, all of that is fiction, as the singular lack of evidence to support the Bible and belief in God on this thread and its kindred threads has proven.

• cofty
    cofty

The messiah was prophecized about. Then He came.

Which of the many alleged Messianic prophesies do you find compelling Tammy?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

I must admit, prophecy is dicey for both the prophet and the interpreter. If it doesn't come true, a barrage of stones comes your way. So that's why I would prefer to remain anonymous. But that's what Daniel predicted for the end time, and that's my interpretation. That's the only one that I can see that can really be tested. Let's see what happens.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

still nothing then

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

That's right my prideful primate friend, and I shall call it every time from now on when a poster says something that is part of their unsubstantiated faith as though it were fact, or just posts a bit of scripture as though that has some weight.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

I won't say nothing. Just take a look at China's economic figures out today. They had a real GDP growth rate of 9% for 2011, while West grovels in the dirt. The US is looking for 2%. Like I said, so far so good.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Daniel was written for its 2nd century BC audience, as far as the writer and his readers were concerned it was all fulfilled then.

Daniel was prominent in Babylon. He was even a ruler there. Why would Daniel write about "the end of days" to apply it to a Second Century BC? What about the dream? How was that descriptive of 2nd Century? Have you read the Bible Phizzy?

• N.drew
    N.drew

Revelation 16:13-16 is fullfilled already, or not quite yet. "The kings" are all the leaders of any kind that think they know something. "Inspired by demons" means believing a lie. The war isn't a war it's a quarrel. Have you heard anyone quarreling? OH I have. Har-Magedon means a mountain of uncertain origin. It means not going to the Mountain of Jah.

"Flee to the mountain". Har-Magedon means they will surely flee to any mountain they want to. And they did.

Verse 15 (this is a language stretch for me because I don't know Greek) I think "as a thief" can be more accurately translated "with a thief".

"Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who stays awake and keeps his clothes, so that he will not walk about naked and men will not see his shame." Revelation 16:15

You will flee by the valley of My mountains, for the valley of the mountains will reach to Azel; yes, you will flee just as you fled before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD, my God, will come, and all the holy ones with Him! Zechariah 14:5

You are the light of the world. A city seated on a mountain cannot be hid. Matthew 5:14

• tornapart
    tornapart

Bible prophecy takes faith to believe in. It's easy for it to be pulled apart by 'experts' and claimed to be untrue. A non-believer wants it to be proved beyond all doubt and claims anyone believing in it is delusional. If this is the case then there are billions of people in this category.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit