Is there one Bible Prophecy.....

by Phizzy 80 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Oh I see, so time has come to an end has it Michelle ? That is what Daniel is told later in the chapter, Michael's appearance will be when Time has come to an end.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Daniel 12:1 has not come to pass, with the dead rising and what not. I haven't seen people shining like starts, etc.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Michelle

I shall state the obvious, but only he knows.

Daniel 2:1

"and his spirit was troubled and his sleep left him".

Remember King Nebuchadnezza adopted fear of the Almighty so therefore he would reflect someone at the end of times.

We are here and somebody is troubled. He doesn't even know what the question is.

• N.drew
    N.drew

No I don't know who it is. It is almost as much of a riddle to me as to you.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I AM troubled. I can't decide what to eat for lunch. Should I make a protein and yogurt smoothie? A quick sandwich? Some pasta? TOO MANY CHOICES!

But honestly, I slept like a baby last night. Half full prophecies don't count as fulfilled.

• N.drew
    N.drew

That's odd. EP why would you answer Daniel 2:1 in the first person?

Haha If the prophesy doesn't apply to you you think it isn't real?

Or

Not so much fun

If the prophesy does not apply to you, do you think it is not real?

You should worry about that.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I AM THAT I AM

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I was but I'm not...

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I am going to go with the pasta

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

The dating of the Gospels are indeed disputed. No help there. Here's an interesting quote from Josephus. The fact that the tribe of Christians did not go extinct, tells you they survived the destruction of Jerusalem. I would venture to say that they had advance warning.

3. (63) Now, there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man, for he was a doer of wonderful works—a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ; (64) and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross,b those that loved him at the first did not forsake him, for he appeared to them alive again the third day,c as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him; and the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day . [1]

Eusebius reported that the Christians fled to Pella. But as a Church historian, his testimony would not be accepted by all, seeing that he had a vested interest in the matter.

Pliny mentions it as being famous for its spring (Nat. Hist. v. xvi , 70). It seems to have been destroyed by the Jews in ad 66, in revenge for the murder of the Jews of Caesarea, but Eusebius (Eccl. Hist. iii. v , 3) relates that the Christians of Jerusalem fled to Pella when Vespasian prepared his attack. In the later Roman and Byzantine periods it was one of the centers of the Christian community and its bishops in the 5th and 6th centuries ad are known. [1]

[1] Josephus, F., & Whiston, W. (1996). The works of Josephus : Complete and unabridged, p. 379. Peabody: Hendrickson.

[2] Negev, A. (1990). The Archaeological encyclopedia of the Holy Land (3rd ed.). New York: Prentice Hall Press.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit