I don't believe the Bible is Inspired of god - Why do you / don't you?

by cantleave 202 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Everything you know is because of your five senses as well.

• sabastious
    sabastious

I saw JJ Abram's Cloverfield in the theater with my wife. At the end there was this couple sitting next to me and the man yelled, "That it? They all die? That's the sh**iest move I have ever seen!" I remember wanting to reply, "You require a movie to have happy endings? Well then don't whine when you waste your money once in a while." I thoroughly enjoyed the flick myself. It made some people sick, because of the filming style, and that's a real shame. The Bible on the other hand has both a happy start and a happy ending. It's a horror flick, no doubt, but so is the "real" human history. If the middle of the movie bothers you guys so much you should just read the first and last chapters. They are what everything is moving towards.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Its just one of many ancient documents full of myths and exaggerated history. There is evidence it is a compilation of bits of other older books. There is no mystery about it.

SOLVED! LOL.

-Sab

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Designs I have no reason to explain to you.

I think you must work out your own salvation I dont think what ever I say would may the slightest difference to you.

I said

I think I have had evidence in my life that would support my belief in God.

You must find your own

• designs
    designs

EP- You know as well as I do that if you know the Magic words and the Secret handshake the mysteries of Atlantis will be known to you

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

So do we believe our five senses?

• cofty
    cofty

I said I had evidence in my life, but why should I share it with you. So you can belittle it and try to destroy my faith?

OK but this thread is about belief in the inspiration of the bible. That is a subject that is open to objective scrutiny.

• N.drew
    N.drew

EP there are more than five senses. Isn't faith a sixth sense, or is it seventh? #*^%# where did I put that sixth one? I'm getting old, you know! Anyway, there are more than five. I don't know how many there are. I was kidding.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Balance, temperature, pain. . .

• cofty
    cofty

So do we believe our five senses?

No not necessarily. We have to remember that the signals from our sense organs are interpreted by a brain that can be easily fooled. That is why the scientific method requires objective data.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit