I don't believe the Bible is Inspired of god - Why do you / don't you?

by cantleave 202 Replies latest watchtower bible

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

When you look at the history of how the book we know as The Bible came to be it raises some serious red flags. All of these "small books" were written by many different authors over a period of time. Then, centuries after all of these books and letters were written, a council of men sat down and came up with the cannon. So, some books were put into the Bible and other were purposely left out.

Were any of the books left out allegedly inspired?

Were any of the books put in not inspired?

Who knows?

Who cares?

• cofty
    cofty

Cofty I have to watch "Sherlock"

I'm with you on that. Best wishes.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Ucant - enjoy Sherlock - even though I thought it started at 9:00.

I would love you to present your evidence, you never know it may sway me towards believing again, and that is surely what Jesus would want.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Your right cantleave! it is 9:00 Still i had enough time to walk the dog.

And Designs your probably right. I think it's time I left the site. Nothing against anyone. I spend to much time reading on it.

• cofty
    cofty

I think it's time I left the site. Nothing against anyone. I spend to much time reading on it.

I hope you come back. Be careful not to indulge in self-censorship, its important to be open to challenges to our beliefs.

I wish you well, enjoy Sherlock, I'm struggling to get into it but its well made.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I thought last week's take on the Hound of the Baskervilles was superb!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I find it astonishing and intellectually irresponsible for people to be able to blithely dismiss all other myths and legends as such; for example: Thor, Zeus, Mithra, Horus, Merlin, Santa etc. - and yet go to extreme lengths to find a way to make the bible stories real somehow. The same powers of logic used to dismiss all these other stories is somehow blockaded when it comes to the bible. And yet some among these believers have managed to pick and choose which parts of the bible are real and which parts are allegory, all the while picking and choosing only those that prop up their need for faith, and discounting things in the very book that they get their faith from that makes them uncomfortable.

Hello, poopsie. I hope you don't put me in this category of extremism. I think all those myths you mentioned have much worth. However I lean towards the Bible because my upbringing required that I study it day and night and contemplate on it while I was asleep. I feel comfortable with it just as someone from Roman times would feel comfortable with Zues or in the renaissance, Merlin. Whatever truth there is in the Bible is not unique to it esepcially because it was not the first attempt to put truth into language.

-Sab

• cofty
    cofty

I got distracted with something. I will try to watch it again on IPlayer.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I think it's time I left the site. Nothing against anyone. I spend to much time reading on it.

Maybe this is a cop out?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yes it is Ucant!

Stay and continue to challenge yourself and us heathens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit