I don't believe the Bible is Inspired of god - Why do you / don't you?

by cantleave 202 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

N.D. Spiritual things should not be difficult to write about or speak about unless they lack some basics in proof or verification. What you see and hear and smell while on an induced level of prayer or meditation or induced by chemicals like LSD or magic mushrooms and peyote while fantastical can be described with some effort. A christian knows they have been communicated to by Jesus, and a Muslim knows they have been communicated to by Allah and a Hindu knows and a Buddhist knows and a Shaman knows.....

• N.drew
    N.drew

Can you handle a bit logic? (say that to self in an Irish brogue accent)

"Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place."

"this generation" means "mine" doesn't it?

He was saying the hungry ones can have no fear of passing away because all things WILL take place.

"This" is a pronoun meaning the sheep of (all) the generations who have put faith in the promise of him.

afterward* (3), especially (1), fact (2), follow* (1), here* (1), hereafter* (1), man (1), now* (1), one (2), one whom (1), partly* (1), person (1), present (1), same (1), so (1), so then* (1), so* (1), some (2), such (2), therefore* (16), these (179), these...things (1), these men (10), these people (1), these things (192), this (737), this man (56), this man's (2), this one (4), this reason* (1), this thing (2), this way (1), this woman (4), this* (1), this...thing (1), those (2), those things (1), very (3), very thing (2), who (2), whom (1).

In other words the scripture means " believe and you will know these things to take place"

He was talking about his generation. Not time. His generation extends to whenever people believe.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Spiritual things should not be difficult to write about or speak about unless they lack some basics in proof or verification

No. There are concepts that do not have a word to define them.

• designs
    designs

Never trust a guy who is willing to throw his family under the bus, my summation of Jesus.

I had a college professor, a practicing psychologist, who could pierce himself like some Hindu practitioners do and start and stop the flow of blood with mind control. Remember when as JWs, and I suppose not a few christian faiths, would call that demonism but its just a learned trick of the mind. Yesterdays gods and demons and holy men are todays common practitioners and scientists.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Right my views are.... I dislike the bible immensely, it was written by scribes who mistranslated the original scrolls to fit what they wanted it to say. There is inspired scripture, apart from thsoe books I ignore the rest.

To be honest does it really matter whether you believe in it or not?? I believe what I want and I don't give a fiddle sticks to anyone else!

Peace

• N.drew
    N.drew

How does it cover Zen Buddhism like a blanket?

Is time a factor in/of/with lala I'm so confused!! ?

Is the understanding and profound respect for pronouns singular/plurals verb tense ect (there might be more) an element of Zen?

Zen is probably the way to human enlightenment. Christ is the way to divine enlightenment. The lesser is blessed by the greater. Voila! A blanket.

• N.drew
    N.drew

So then one does not leave their religion to find the true one. The true one always exists. While one is attaining enlightenment one is being transformed. If the person being transformed is stubborn the transformation will stop. If the person will allow the transformation the person will not remain in dead works.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Why not compare the religion of the Jews to the language of the Hebrews? The day someone understands the language with the dedication is the day the things of time might be understood.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Zen is the way to an overarching elightenment that marries the divine with the human. Voila! Zen is superior and cover Jesus like blanket!

Wow, this game is easy!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    t's always a pretty thought to believe that something is out there watching over us, but as you've stated, the bible is not the first attempt to make sense of this thought. Why revere those writings over other attempts? Is it because of Constantine and his vision?

Constantine had no connection with Genesis, especially chapter 1, he merely used it for his own purposes. Was HIS purpose part of a larger purpose? I do have faith in that. I think what they put together changed the world, much like 9/11 did which is ultimately for the better but at unthinkable cost. I wrote a post that I feel describes my feelings about the Bible. I do not give special credence to the Constantine, but the message I believe they were comissioned to keep alive. I fear you have misread my words the past few months.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit