Thoughts on turning 65 today

by Terry 73 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

I'm loving this thread - It is making me feel young.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Happy Birthday Terry.

• Violia
    Violia

Happy Birthday Terry. Getting older is not for sissies If you think if it tough being in your 60's and being male try being female.

The bright side, you can still date women at least 10 yrs younger and maybe more. You look distinguished as you get older, women just look older. ( check out how much "work" Barbara Walters has had done just to stay contemporary!

No man would go to that much trouble.

and BTW, you look great at 65!! you have only just begun.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" No man would go to that much trouble."

Except for Bruce Jenner and George Hamilton, not that it really did any good other than making them look like freaks.

• Violia
    Violia

I am trying to adjust to getting older, or as Erma Bombeck used to say, the next phase of her wonderfulness. I am now at the stage that I am trying to help my kids and grandkids. I want to teach them what I know, and hope they pass it on down.

Terry, this is one of my favorite songs. I like the message, "... teach them what you know and pass it on down...." "... sometimes you gotta stand back and watch them burn it to the ground... man you gotta face it, it's a young man's town.."

Here is Vince Gill and his beautiful daughter. I put this up once for Farkel

• Terry
    Terry

RandyWatters sez:

Thanks Terry,

Happy birthday! I'm 6 years behind you.

Randy

Aww, yer braggin' now, Randy! When you have a 5 in front the world is your oyster!

Lady Lee hath spake: Hate to tell you this Terry but you are far better looking now

Duh-wuh?? THANKS! But, look at all dem rankles and stuff! Ohhhh, I know what you mean. I use to be black and white. Now I am colored!

• Terry
    Terry

Violia said: BTW, you look great at 65!! you have only just begun.

Muchas Gracias! I have only just begun...to rot!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I do have to agree with Lady Lee

Ya it's not fair Guys do tend to get better with age

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Happy birthday Terry

• d
    d

I see what you mean I just turned 21 and I feel so old but yet I see that with each year that passes I get only wiser so in reality it is not a bad thing to grow old.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit