Thoughts on turning 65 today

by Terry 73 Replies latest jw friends

• St George of England
    St George of England

It's Hell to be Old
    OLD people have problems that you haven't even considered yet!

An 85-year-old man was requested by his Doctor for a sperm count as part of his physical exam.

The doctor gave the man a jar and said, 'Take this jar home and bring back a semen sample
    tomorrow...'

The next day the 85-year-old man reappeared at the doctor's office and gave him the jar, which was as clean and empty as on the
    previous day.

The doctor asked what happened and the man explained, 'Well, doc, it's like this -- first I tried
    with my right hand, but nothing. Then I tried with my left hand, but still nothing.

'Then I asked my wife for help. She tried with her right hand, then with her left, still nothing.
    She tried with her mouth, first with the teeth in then with her teeth out, still nothing.

'We even called up Arleen, the lady next door and she tried too, first with both hands, then an
    armpit, and she even tried squeezin' it between her knees, but still nothing.'

The doctor was shocked!
    'You asked your neighbor?'
    The old man replied,
    'Yep, none of us could get the jar open.'

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Congratulations Terry, long may you continue to give us your valuable words of wisdom and have a great birthday.

65 and still no New World well what do you know!

• I quit!
    I quit!

Happy Birthday Terry.

I hope you have a great day and a great 2012

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

65 is the new 55

And I'd say that 55 is about when everything went to sh!t.

DOC

• Glander
    Glander

Happy Birthday, Terry.

"Tough Titty, said the Kitty, but the milk's still good!"

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

As a "Baby Boomer" myself I can identify with Terry's thoughts.....

Most of our heroes are now dead or retired themselves ( but hey! Dylan is still gigging and going strong at 70 ) At work I had felt that by later years and seniority I would be respected for what I knew.....Instead I was the office dinosaur....As one gets older you notice the body changing and slowing a little (I tell myself that they print things smaller than they used to 'cos I used to read them easier) and I want more sleep.....zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Around here passing 65 is great though because they pay your pension and you can claim other concessions and benefits (until the age limit goes up in the future)

Oh!....what the hell......I am lucky enough to feel O K , I have recaptured my mind from the Borg and life ain't bad . My favourite aging song is this one, featured in the cheeky video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUDHG0VMV3E&feature=related

As the last chorus goes "You're NEVER too old to rock & roll if you're too young to die......

• poppers
    poppers

Happy Birthday, Terry! You are so wise for one so young.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TERRY: I just wished a loved one happy birthday as well. It isn't easy getting older and milestone birthdays are particularly hard for us. But, be glad you had the privilege of getting older. Many do not have this privilege. Never mind all the commercials that try to make you feel you must run out and do all these cosmetic procedures to yourself, if you are satisfied with yourself. It is harder for women, however. I work in an office so things are different. Be happy and healthy and be glad you reached another year and ignore those idiots who look down on old age. Maybe they won't attain it!!

• shamus100
    shamus100

What is left for me to do is simple.

Love my kids. Effectively. Be there for them.

Continue writing as truthfully as I can about the poison pill of Jehovah's Witnesses.

And...

never stop learning. Be willing to be wrong......again. As often as necessary.

You forgot one thing child... love all woodland creatures, especially monkeys. ;)

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Happy Birthday Terry. I read your whole posts. I learn a lot from them.

My birthday is in two days,and getting older makes one reflective,especially when one has to start their life over from scratch,after having left a high-control,religious group.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit