I need butter redding Scillz..

.............................. ...OUTLAW

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

1) 4

2) 7

3) Anxiety

4) 1

5) true --- but questioning beliefs does not mean they will jump ship. Cognitive dissonance.

6) C

7) Kurt Vonnegut, David Hume, Stephen J Gould

8) Losing my entire family when I "come out"

9) my wife and her family.

10) 1988. Instead of graduating HS and pioneering, I would have gone into the biological sciences, perhaps genetics. I was ( am) pretty good at it!

An amendment/ps : I have also found Richard Feynman to be an inspiration as well, TERRY

And a PPS to JWINPROTEST - yes, at times I wonder why my non believing father didn't fight harder against this crap. I think it's because he had a rough life himself, and didn't have all the answers so he never pushed it. He did, however, push for me to go to college.

• tec
    tec

1.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the postive impact (10 being Absolutely Positive) of Jehovahs-Witness.net on your life.

2.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the negative impact of Jehovah's-Witness.net on your life.

3. When you are in close proximity to Jehovah's Witnesses what actual, palpable emotion do you feel?

Depends. If they just happen to be at my door at a bad time (like when my husband is home), then stress or fear that I will say the wrong thing, or not say the right thing. Sometimes also eagerness, that I might be able to witness to them instead of them witnessing to me. Maybe help them think.

4.On a scale from 1-10 (10 being Absolute confidence) how confident are you that the Bible is an actual source of Divine Truth?

Too hard to answer. The bible is not an all or nothing kind of thing for me. Scripture... 10. (a source, not the source) What books are scripture is a different question though :)

5.Current active believing Jehovah's Witnesses, if approached the right way, under ideal conditions can be convinced to question their own beliefs.
    True or False? (Remember, this is YOUR opinion.)

True.

6.Which best describes how you feel about your current position on religious matters?

B would come closest I guess. I'm not really investigating though. (at least I'm not investigating whether or not there IS a God, or Christ)

Learning, sure.

7.Name three writers who have done the most to get your attention and cause you to question IF you are right. (Any authors)

John (all the gospel writers really), Zeitgeist (not really Zeitgeist, but whoever authored those Christ-myth comparisons)... and Dean Koontz, I guess ;) (Frankenstein series). Its hard for me to pick authors. Its books that affect me, their content... not the authors.

8.What is your greatest personal fear?

Failing my children.

9.What is your greatest person source of Joy?

When I see someone (especially my own loved ones) do something unselfish and merciful and loving toward others.

10.If you could wave a magic wand and go back to any year of your life, any age, any place, any time---what would it be and why?

I might go back to the morning my first son was born, and then raise my children with the knowledge that I have now, as opposed to the nothing that I knew then.

However, that is because I do not know the end result of the course I am on. I might think differently if I knew how everything turns out. Sometimes hardship is good in the long run. Sometimes not.

Special optional bonus question: What Topics are you sick of? What topics would your like to see covered more?

Doesn't matter to me. I open the topics I like, and ignore the topics I don't like. I like faith based topics best.

Peace,

Tammy

• Miles3
    Miles3

1.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the postive impact (10 being Absolutely Positive) of Jehovahs-Witness.net on your life.

What negative impact?

2.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the negative impact of Jehovah's-Witness.net on your life.

3. When you are in close proximity to Jehovah's Witnesses what actual, palpable emotion do you feel?

Sadness over all that wasted potential and ruined lives. Pity. Love.

For the few "elite" that know perfectly the facts about the WTS and the lies, yet protects the organisation at all costs and ruin other people's lives, none of those feeling of course. They are despicable.

4.On a scale from 1-10 (10 being Absolute confidence) how confident are you that the Bible is an actual source of Divine Truth?

It's more that I'm absolutely confident it's no source for Divine Truth at all.
    5.Current active believing Jehovah's Witnesses, if approached the right way, under ideal conditions can be convinced to question their own beliefs.

Can't answer, it depends on the people. I beleive all of them deserve to be helped to see the truth, even if some will never want to admit it and would rather betray you.

6.Which best describes how you feel about youor current position on religious matters?

A. I am depressed, confused, ambivalent and afraid

B. I am actively investigating as objectively as possible.

C. I don't think anybody has any supernatural revelation. It is all self-delusion.

D. I have mixed-feelings. Some days I believe. Some days I don't. I'm actively praying.

C
    7.Name three writers who have done the most to get your attention and cause you to question IF you are right. (Any authors)

Jung Chang and Jon Halliday (Mao: The unknown Story). Some articles online about the 6 great extinction events, some articles describing the way Scientology works. Then asking myself the right question about the Flood, and I knew the WT and the Bible were both bogus.

I still mistook them as sincere but mislead for a few month though (didn't research during that time, I prefered to concentrate on trying to reclaim what could be salvaged of the life I didn't have, still am in the middle of it). Then as I researched materials to help others, the writings of Alan Feuerbacher, Barbara Anderson and Randall Watters made me understand the men on top are really wicked people.

None I can think of. Fear is tiresome, and I don't have the health for that. Never was much interested in being afraid even when I was in good health, always felt like it was a waste of time and energy.

I'm still breathing.

10.If you could wave a magic wand and go back to any year of your life, any age, any place, any time---what would it be and why?

I'd just back go and give the kid I was information about the Watchtower I didn't have access at the time. The rest would have been ok, the only difficulties I had as a kid then as an adult were due to the cult, the rest of my life (school, work) was a breath of fresh air that helped me cope with the abuse. Still spend most of my time in the cult sadly, because I really was convinced by its lies.

Special optional bonus question: What Topics are you sick of? What topics would your like to see covered more?

I don't have the time to follow everything, but at the moment since I still have people I want to help in the cult, any subject about how to do that interests me a lot. Especially simple ways to show the lies in the publications, the misquotations...

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

1) 32) 83) I love many of them but I know the only reason they are nice to me is because they want me to come back - if they really knew how I feel about the WT they would completely despise me...4) 15) False - someone approaching them is seen as an attack from Satan - in my case I started seeking answers for questions the WT couldn't answer. 6) C7) As a JW all my time for reading was devoted to WT literature - if what you want to know is what got me questioning the "truth" I can say videos from ex-gilead missionary, JWfacts, Free Minds and WT Comments...8) Losing immediate family and seeing my grand-children prisoners of a cult9) Freedom to think and to use my life as I see fit10) To the time before my parents were trapped in the cult - I was 4 years old...we could have had a normal life with all our relatives...instead we turned our back on all of them and today they are all strangers to me.

• sandy
    sandy

in the last five years I feel nothing out of the ordinary.

F

6.Which best describes how you feel about youor current position on religious matters?

C

C. I don't think anybody has any supernatural revelation. It is all self-delusion.

D. I have mixed-feelings. Some days I believe. Some days I don't. I'm actively praying.

??? Internet, and other ex witnesses, life

death the thought of no longer living

If it meant losing my better half I wouldn't change a thing.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Sad - all their sacrifice for the printing corporation is for naught

True

Freidman ("Who Wrote the Bible"), Hitchins ("God is Not Great"), Hard to remember but maybe Brian Greene ("Elegant Universe")

Dying without doing some of the things I long to do.

My freedom of thought and choice

Maybe 21, when I was invited to go to Alaska and live with a family to make my fortune during the oil pipeline building time. Things would have turned out a lot different and I'd be set for life, probably. I had several choices around those years I wish I had the courage to make.

I'm not sick of any topics, I don't read what I'm not interested in. There are some posters I always read. I miss the old days of the Farkel, Hilary Step, Narkissos, ...(to many to name), discussions. I learned so much from them. I enjoy reading the discussions about the flood, Garden of Eden etc. still because I can use it discussions with JW's.

THANK YOU!

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

1. 6

2. 6

3. - with freinds I am okay until they start talking WTS propaganda. When that starts I literally feel pain in my chest from anger. As long as nobody talks about the cult I am fine

4. 0 (zero) - I think the bible can be read from a philosophical perspective and contribute to one's ontological journey. But as for "divine" truth? Not one word of that book is divine. Jehovah is not dead, he never existed. Jesus was at best an influential man, but then so was Hitler.

5. TRUE

A.

B.

D.

7.Ray Franz

8.nobody coming to my funeral

9. travelling the world

10.I would go back to when I was 7 years old and I asked my mother "what if it isn't the truth?" - I think the "why" part of this answer is pretty self evident

• DonutZ!
    DonutZ!

1.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the postive impact (10 being Absolutely Positive) of Jehovahs-Witness.net on your life. 6

2.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the negative impact of Jehovah's-Witness.net on your life. 2

3. When you are in close proximity to Jehovah's Witnesses what actual, palpable emotion do you feel? I wanna get away!

4.On a scale from 1-10 (10 being Absolute confidence) how confident are you that the Bible is an actual source of Divine Truth? 8

True or False? (Remember, this is YOUR opinion.) True!

6.Which best describes how you feel about youor current position on religious matters? A

7.Name three writers who have done the most to get your attention and cause you to question IF you are right. (Any authors) the jwfacts guy

8.What is your greatest personal fear? Failing my family

9.What is your greatest person source of Joy? My two year old niece

10.If you could wave a magic wand and go back to any year of your life, any age, any place, any time---what would it be and why? tenth grade to stop studying

Special optional bonus question: What Topics are you sick of? What topics would your like to see covered more? They're all nice lol

• finally awake
    finally awake

1.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the postive impact (10 being Absolutely Positive) of Jehovahs-Witness.net on your life. 10

2.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the negative impact of Jehovah's-Witness.net on your life. 0

3. When you are in close proximity to Jehovah's Witnesses what actual, palpable emotion do you feel? major anxiety. I just don't know how to deal with them yet.

4.On a scale from 1-10 (10 being Absolute confidence) how confident are you that the Bible is an actual source of Divine Truth? 0

True or False? (Remember, this is YOUR opinion.) true - but nearly impossible to know what to say or how to approach one to make a positive impact

C

7.Name three writers who have done the most to get your attention and cause you to question IF you are right. (Any authors) not sure

8.What is your greatest personal fear? losing one or more of my kids or my husband

9.What is your greatest person source of Joy? my family

10.If you could wave a magic wand and go back to any year of your life, any age, any place, any time---what would it be and why? summer 1998 - everything in my life was falling into place - but only if I could remember to not start studying with the dubs in the spring of 1999.

The personal stories are what I like best. Doctrinal debates make my eyes glaze over pretty quick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit