SURVEY SAYS: Please take my quick survey

by Terry 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Twitch
    Twitch
    1.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the postive impact (10 being Absolutely Positive) of Jehovahs-Witness.net on your life.

2.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the negative impact of Jehovah's-Witness.net on your life.

3. When you are in close proximity to Jehovah's Witnesses what actual, palpable emotion do you feel?

Empathy and indignation. The former for those caught in the current, the latter for those steering the boats.

4.On a scale from 1-10 (10 being Absolute confidence) how confident are you that the Bible is an actual source of Divine Truth?

3.33 It, like most holy tomes, has elements of and references to what is considered divine.

5.Current active believing Jehovah's Witnesses, if approached the right way, under ideal conditions can be convinced to question their own beliefs.

True. False seems less likely, especially with a larger sampling. More variations, more likelihood of it happening. Ergo, true.

6.Which best describes how you feel about youor current position on religious matters?

E. I feel my current position on religious matters works for me and am comfortable with it.

7.Name three writers who have done the most to get your attention and cause you to question IF you are right. (Any authors)

Carl Sagan, George Orwell, Frank Herbert

8.What is your greatest personal fear?

Public speaking.

9.What is your greatest person source of Joy?

The supermarket.

10.If you could wave a magic wand and go back to any year of your life, any age, any place, any time---what would it be and why?

Don't know that I would. What would I lose that I have now?

• moshe
    moshe

I prefer three question surveys-

1-3

2-3

3---

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

1.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the postive impact (10 being Absolutely Positive) of Jehovahs-Witness.net on your life. 10

2.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the negative impact of Jehovah's-Witness.net on your life. 1

3. When you are in close proximity to Jehovah's Witnesses what actual, palpable emotion do you feel? anxiety

4.On a scale from 1-10 (10 being Absolute confidence) how confident are you that the Bible is an actual source of Divine Truth? 1

5.Current active believing Jehovah's Witnesses, if approached the right way, under ideal conditions can be convinced to question their own beliefs.

True or False? (Remember, this is YOUR opinion.) FAlse

6.Which best describes how you feel about youor current position on religious matters?

A. I am depressed, confused, ambivalent and afraid

B. I am actively investigating as objectively as possible.

C. I don't think anybody has any supernatural revelation. It is all self-delusion.

D. I have mixed-feelings. Some days I believe. Some days I don't. I'm actively praying.

7.Name three writers who have done the most to get your attention and cause you to question IF you are right. (Any authors)

Jean Auel

Barbara Kingsolver (in regards to taking an interest in issues--instead of neutrality)

Dawkins

Losing my healthcare.

A free mind.

10.If you could wave a magic wand and go back to any year of your life, any age, any place, any time---what would it be and why?

1990----Cuz I never would have opened the f**king door!

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

1.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the postive impact (10 being Absolutely Positive) of Jehovahs-Witness.net on your life.

2.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the negative impact of Jehovah's-Witness.net on your life.

3. When you are in close proximity to Jehovah's Witnesses what actual, palpable emotion do you feel?

Anger

4.On a scale from 1-10 (10 being Absolute confidence) how confident are you that the Bible is an actual source of Divine Truth?

1 PS I would like to say 0

True or False? (Remember, this is YOUR opinion.)

True

C. I don't think anybody has any supernatural revelation. It is all self-delusion.

D. I have mixed-feelings. Some days I believe. Some days I don't. I'm actively praying.

C

I try not to question whether I'm right

failing

Fixing things

Twenty

I would have pursued a higher education in engineering

• smiddy
    smiddy

1. 9

2. 1

3. How can I make them reason ?

4. 0

5. False ( mostly )

6. c

7. D. cameron, R Franz, and one I cant for the life of me remember, except, he is an ex-jesuit priest from Melb. Aust. I beleive the book was titled " The Rise & Decline of Christendom" That had a profound effect on me when I was still under the influence.(can any vict. help?even the library cant)

8. Being buried alive ,probably a throwback from some old movies I watched when I was a kid.

9. My wife & family

10. Go back to 1959 and boot myself up the ass for becoming involved in the jw religion

smiddy

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

confusion

true

D. I have mixed-feelings. Some days I believe. Some days I don't. I'm actively praying

B. I am objectively investigating spiritual options (non religious) .

Ray Franz, Gloria Steinham, Echart Tolle

That I won't accomplish anything meaningful.

Yard work and playing with my grandaughter

I am 19, I am in my hometown of Redford, I have the choice to challenge my goals or give into my fears. I forsook my goal because of youth and gave into my fear of the unknown. I chose marriage.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Just to clarify my answer...I reversed the answers for questions 1 and 2...

1) 8 JW net helped me realize that I was not alone in thinking that there is something wrong with the "truth" and it reassured me that I had not fallen in Satan's snare. I have long stopped asking myself what's wrong with me...

2) 3 At first I was concerned when I read posts that perfectly matched the description the WT makes of apostates and how they are full of hatred, twisting things to make their point. But soon I realized that most posters can back up what they say with proof...often taken from the WT's own publications. I love Blondie's and Mary's posts. OTWO' situation is similar to mine and his insight helped me keep the peace with my wife.

• Azazel
    Azazel

Here's mine

sadness

Ray Franz. Apostle John ( in original Greek).jwfacts

That I cant save my children from the WTS

Reading the bible without tainted perceptions.

1986 I would have stuck up for myself with my parents and said I’m going to stay at school and go to university and become a history teacher/professor.

Special optional bonus question: What Topics are you sick of? What topics would your like to see covered more?

I’m tired of the over the top threads against the WTS ( the kind that give us a bad name)

I’m all for developing understanding on selected topics and anything that draws us closer as a community.

• ziddina
    ziddina

1. 10

2. 7 (I spend too much time on here!!)

3. Used to feel breathless; like ready to fight. Now I just plan my attacks and enjoy their discomfiture...

4. Ah, you're kidding, right??? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! Why the heck didn't you include a "zero"??!!?

5. True - kinda sorta maybe... (define "Ideal" conditions...???)

6. C. Except for she-demons and Goddesses... And fairies... Definitely fairies...!

7. Whoever the hell wrote Exodus. Marija Gimbutas. Every author of any decent, fact-based book on ANY branch of geology...

8. Dying with a large stockpile of fabrics yet unsewn... Oh, and tornadoes. Definitely tornadoes.

9. Getting something sewn up - in spite of 7 cats, one dog, 2 hamsters, a grumpy hubby, and being slightly overweight...

10. I'd go back to the age of 9, demand the phone number of my NON-Jehovah's Witness relatives [up in South Dakota] from my parents, call THEM up and DEMAND that they come and get me out of that insane family and sick, depraved cult!!!

And if that didn't work, I'd see if I could sue the biological sperm donor and biological incubator for total independence from their brutal whims and idiocies, especially freedom from being forced into that damned cult!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Well, crap...

The system's all crapped up, and it ate all of my carefully-crafted replies...

Oh, well...

I tried, Terry....

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit