SURVEY SAYS: Please take my quick survey

by Terry 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

I thought it would be interesting and informative to create the following survey.

Please cut and paste it in the 'POST' section and type in your reply under each question.

LET THE SURVEY BEGIN 10 Questions

1.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the postive impact (10 being Absolutely Positive) of Jehovahs-Witness.net on your life.

2.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the negative impact of Jehovah's-Witness.net on your life.

3. When you are in close proximity to Jehovah's Witnesses what actual, palpable emotion do you feel?

4.On a scale from 1-10 (10 being Absolute confidence) how confident are you that the Bible is an actual source of Divine Truth?

5.Current active believing Jehovah's Witnesses, if approached the right way, under ideal conditions can be convinced to question their own beliefs.

True or False? (Remember, this is YOUR opinion.)

6.Which best describes how you feel about youor current position on religious matters?

A. I am depressed, confused, ambivalent and afraid

B. I am actively investigating as objectively as possible.

C. I don't think anybody has any supernatural revelation. It is all self-delusion.

D. I have mixed-feelings. Some days I believe. Some days I don't. I'm actively praying.

7.Name three writers who have done the most to get your attention and cause you to question IF you are right. (Any authors)

8.What is your greatest personal fear?

9.What is your greatest person source of Joy?

10.If you could wave a magic wand and go back to any year of your life, any age, any place, any time---what would it be and why?

Special optional bonus question: What Topics are you sick of? What topics would your like to see covered more?

THANK YOU!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

sadness

false

b

Bruce Lipton, Gregg Braden, Zecharia Sitchen

not being able to find out the truth

freedom of thought

I move forward and learn as I go the previous me's made mistakes I don't care to relive

I'm a little tired of people using the bible as the source of truth I'v come to believe it's redacted revisioinist history mixed with enough true events to be misleading

i do enjoy the varied topics on Jwn and I want people to express themselves honestly.

• peridotgreen
    peridotgreen

Positive impact - 10

Negative impact - 3 (the preceeding are ratings from my time here in 2003 and 2004)

I no longer live in the area where I was disfellowshipped. And JWs don't come to our door. They've only come maybe 2 times in 9 years. But when I was around them before, I would get very upset at how they'd just turn their backs on me.

Bible as source of Divine Inspiration - 1 - maybe parts of it are, but most is bunk

My opinion on religious matters is not described accurately by the choices. I have always and will always believe in a Creator. After my JW experience, I refused to talk to the creator, because he was Jehovah and I didn't much like Jehovah and never did.

Now I'm starting again to talk to my creator and it feels wonderful. Finally - a creator who loves me. I was helped by Neal Donald Walsch's books, but now believe with all my heart that we must find our own way to have a relationship with God and not just take anyone else's word for ANYTHING. I love the God I know now. And he is real to me. I really kind of hated Jehovah, who was a complete ass at times.

Neale Donald Walsch has written things that I've always believe in my heart. Always. But we must not take Neale's word for anything, nor should we accept anyone else's. We are free to have our own conversations with our God. And I do - when I remember. Easier to do in the summer when I'd go on long walks. I'd talk to God the entire time.

My greatest personal fear is not a religious one. It's that my book won't be read by anyone. Also that I'll never be in a passionate relationship again. I'm married to a great guy but he is no longer interested in sex. That really hurts as I am younger than he by a lot. Yeah it's all good when he's 55 and you're 45 but then........ Says he can't anymore which may be true and he cannot go on any medication for it. Oh, well. I have a nice time in my mind, though. I am very passionate by nature and I've never really had any outlet for it except once.....unfortunately, it was not to be (I was married at the time). See below.......

My greatest joy are my grandchildren who love me without condition. Also being near the ocean or on the bay, sailing. Anything to do with water and nature.

I would go back to 1980. There was this man, you see.......I adored him. I still do. I always will. I'd love to be with him one more time. No, actually, I really just want to be around him. We were perfect together. One cold December night, oh god, it was magical. And I looked and felt beautiful for the first and only time in my life. Other than that, no, I'm living my life as best I can and try to find joy in every day things with a little help from my green and white friend, fluoxetine.

Thanks, great survey!

• N.drew
    N.drew

1.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the postive impact (10 being Absolutely Positive) of Jehovahs-Witness.net on your life. 6

2.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the negative impact of Jehovah's-Witness.net on your life. LOL I think the right answer is 4

It could be 7 and 3, but 6 and 4 is more symbolic, don't you think?

3. When you are in close proximity to Jehovah's Witnesses what actual, palpable emotion do you feel?

I like this question. Ever see Ghost Busters? Ecoplasm

4.On a scale from 1-10 (10 being Absolute confidence) how confident are you that the Bible is an actual source of Divine Truth?

Every test has a trick question. Some of Bible is absolutely for LOVE (divine nature) so I have to choose 10

5 N/A

6.Which best describes how you feel about your current position on religious matters?

C. I don't think anybody has any supernatural revelation. It is all self-delusion.

D. I have mixed-feelings. Some days I believe. Some days I don't. I'm actively praying.

7.Name three writers who have done the most to get your attention and cause you to question IF you are right. (Any authors)

David Solomon Paul

The hell the Catholics talk about happening to life.

Finally Some Pride We are not having an affair. Haha (I should elaborate. Finallysomepride and posters like finallysomepride make JWN fun! and I finally have found what I like, someplace to share my vision) Thanks!

10.If you could wave a magic wand and go back to any year of your life, any age, any place, any time---what would it be and why?

No, I wouldn't, god forbid

BONUS! I don't get sick of any topics. I read what I want to.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

1.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the postive impact (10 being Absolutely Positive) of Jehovahs-Witness.net on your life.

10 - a useful source of information in two main ways. First, the very informed academic discussions (with checkable sources) from which I have learned a great deal. Second, the personal experiences which have reinforced my belief that JWs are a sick and evil cult. More generally, a reinforcement of my view that most people are humane, 'good', empathetic and open-minded.

2.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the negative impact of Jehovah's-Witness.net on your life.

0 - no downside as long as one learns to avoid the posts of the obvious nutcases and fundie rednecks.

Sympathy, frustration because I know that there is no point in even trying to discuss anything rationally, sadness at wasted lives.

5.Current active believing Jehovah's Witnesses, if approached the right way, under ideal conditions can be convinced to question their own beliefs.

n/a

6.Which best describes how you feel about youor current position on religious matters?

C

Hugh Schonfield

Authors of the NT

Richard Dawkins

I don't have any fears I can think of

My son, my daughter, my grandaughters (2.5 and 2 months) and my pending grandson (- 9 weeks)

Impossible to specify one, but all involve girls/women. Surprisingly, (my) youth is not necessarily a factor.

Special optional bonus question: What Topics are you sick of? What topics would your like to see covered more?

I find all topics of some interest - even the nutcase ones because it shows what out there.

• peridotgreen
    peridotgreen

Oh, missed the bonus!

Right now since I have n't been here in a while, no topics bore me but yes, years ago, there were some who really knew how to beat that proverbial dead horse.

HOWEVER, there are new persons all the time and they are reading the topics for the first time. SO those who have been here a while WILL read the same things over and over again. It's OK with me.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

5 1.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the postive impact (10 being Absolutely Positive) of Jehovahs-Witness.net on your life.

5 2.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the negative impact of Jehovah's-Witness.net on your life.

Empathy, Sadness 3. When you are in close proximity to Jehovah's Witnesses what actual, palpable emotion do you feel?

0 4.On a scale from 1-10 (10 being Absolute confidence) how confident are you that the Bible is an actual source of Divine Truth?

True, if they don't enjoy being a JW. False, if they're happy. 5.Current active believing Jehovah's Witnesses, if approached the right way, under ideal conditions can be convinced to question their own beliefs.

C, and I'm apatheistic. 6.Which best describes how you feel about youor current position on religious matters?

Ingersoll, Twain, Vonnegut, Loftus, Harris 7.Name three writers who have done the most to get your attention and cause you to question IF you are right. (Any authors)

Loss of employment, not being able to provide for my family. 8.What is your greatest personal fear?

My family. 9.What is your greatest person source of Joy?

Would not go back. 10.If you could wave a magic wand and go back to any year of your life, any age, any place, any time---what would it be and why?

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

LET THE SURVEY BEGIN 10 Questions

****less than zero.I equate it to having been born with a birth defect.

2.Rate on a scale from 1-10 the negative impact of Jehovah's-Witness.net on your life. *******JWN has been a godsend.

****Pity.

4.On a scale from 1-10 (10 being Absolute confidence) how confident are you that the Bible is an actual source of Divine Truth?******Less than zero.Tea leaves are as accurate.

True or False? (Remember, this is YOUR opinion.) *****False

*C*. I don't think anybody has any supernatural revelation. It is all self-delusion.*****DINGDINGDING

7.Name three writers who have done the most to get your attention and cause you to question IF you are right. (Any authors) ***Kurt Vonnegut****RUMI****

8.What is your greatest personal fear?*****Being tied down and covered by spiders...

9.What is your greatest person source of Joy?***Swimming,music and nature.Cats.

10.If you could wave a magic wand and go back to any year of your life, any age, any place, any time---what would it be and why?*****2000.Everyone I loved was still alive....

THANK YOU!

nancy drew
  • Terry
    Terry

Sauce for the goose:

Here I take my own survey.

Intense Frustration!

For me this is tricky. I never want to be an absolutist. I don't think we can utterly know things. So, with that in mind: 2

True or False? (Remember, this is YOUR opinion.) False (cognitive dissonance won't allow them to question)

Mortimer J. Adler, Bart Ehrman, Richard Feynman

8.What is your greatest personal fear? Being irrelevent to those whom I love.

9.What is your greatest person source of Joy? My kids; all 7 of them

Year: 1965. I graduated from High School. I was about to register for the Draft. I would change just about everything I did at age 18.

Well, I'm sick of any topic I've seen hundreds of times. Discussions of Doctrine are a waste of time, imho. I'd like to see more discussion that allow for investigative thinking and curiousity. I love IDEAS. I'd like to see people discussing great ideas.

THANK YOU!

you're welcome

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I didn't read questions 1 and 2 correctly. As such, my answers would be 8 and 2.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit