Applying Math, Physics, Archeology to THE STORY OF NOAH

by Terry 464 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Yan,

I do not believe I would ever be told it is safe to walk off the edge of a building, but if you want an example, Satan promised Jesus that he would be saved should he jump off a tall mountain. You know the rest.

The astute among us have no inclination of how low in IQ they actually are in comparison to God's capacity. What they cannot explain they write off as a hoax.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God."

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Only a fool with a low IQ and a dishonest intellect would not realize this story is only a story and admit to that fact.

I guess we know now who has an honest intellect and who doesn't

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Truthseeker, why is is that when math shows God's plans, like the ark, to be crap, it's not OK to let him know. I mean, Lot argued with him. You quote scripture somehow as if that will change how large wooden ships can be due to the stresses on the wood and then try to suggest knowing this and that God's math just doesn't work makes someone a fool.

You would think a a loving perfect God, like the one that was often convinced by his servants to do something differently, would like this information.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Oh, and I say things with my mouth and via typing. I don't say things with my heart. That seems like it would get messy what with the blood spewing everywhere. God also needs to take an intro to human biology class. Or solomon.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

When a person believes in super natural miracles why bother arguing matters .

To counter someone else's imagination is a useless folly, particular when he himself proclaims he's a spiritual being.

The End

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

EntirelyPossible,

The ark was a delivery vessel.

Why did God bother to have the Ark built? Why did Noah and his family use tar to seal out the waters?

It is because God expects a measure of willingness from each person to work towards their own salvation.

Much probably happened during Noah and his family's stay on board the Ark. There were earthquakes and undersea volcanic eruptions. The result was the receding of the waters were not to their original boundaries.

Land masses under went change from caverns, rising land masses and trenches that were created from God's hand being involved. This altered the original water boundaries and created new ones.

1 Peter 3:18-22

New International Version (NIV)

18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. 19 After being made alive, [a] he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits— 20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. [b] It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22 who has gone into heaven and is at God’s right hand—with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God."

That's not a rational argument. It's a fallacious appeal to pride.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Ah Jeffro, the super atheist, good to hear from you

• atrapado
    atrapado

transhuman68 The Bible doesn't give all the details to such a studie. Doesn't say how much food they took in how many animals, what the altitude of the arc was, what the temperature was etc. etc. Nor if he intervine to do something about those obsticles.

Seems like you miss the point. Is like saying ok lets assume of a supernatual but if he doesn't do what I consider supernatural it can't be right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit