I have allegedly been charged with apostasy

by Igot2bme 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Tongue-in-cheek, sinis. All good

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

You can have sooooo much fun.. you can control the outcome..... YOU ARE IN CONTROL, not them. REMEMBER they are a bunch of idiots thinkining they are anointed by holy spirit. (bullshit)

So first do you wanna stay in or out? mess with them. Make them lose a day of work. Ask them to have it during the week at noon. Then show up. You dont have to be honest with them. It makes no difference. IT WONT MAKE A DIFFERENCE IF YOU ARE HONEST. soooo you can say whatever you want

they have an accusation against you? deny deny deny deny and deny... even if they have pictures..... they have a witness? then tell them you were joking, you didnt mean it. you were forced, you were kidnapped, you were on medication, you were on drugs... see the point? you can come up with whatever story you want depending on what outtcome you want.

YOu want out? you can extend the meeeting for hours even days. Be creative. Have fun with it at least!

Those suckers.

• sinis
    sinis

No prob Yan Bibiyan, thought maybe we were having some sort of international language barrier problem... :)

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I would like to contact an attorney about this if it would do any good. ..."

As Giordano said, DEFINITELY contact an attorney [who specializes in libel, if you have access to such an attorney...] and have him contact them, putting them on notice that he is now representing you, and any attempts at smearing your good name based on religious preferences will not be tolerated....

• RubaDub
  • Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

Sorry everyone, I wasn't able to get back to my thread due to my computer acting up. Thank you for all your words of advice, and encouragement.

I do want to leave but I want to make it so difficult for them, I will look into getting an attorney. The other reason for an attorney is the other day I was in the grocery store and I ran into a guy who works there. He said that a witness from my congregation had slandered me to him about my business. It was flat out lies! I reassured him that the stories that she had told were not true. I noticed that my business had took a slight hit but the thing I have going for me is that this is a small town/community and the majority of people that know me have known me my whole life and know that I am an honest person. She doesn't have the credibilty that I have. Also my sister in law who is a witness is the one I know pushing the elders in this direction. She totally has it out for me and has for the last 3 years. About a month ago, she had approached some about sisters in our KH in the same grocery store telling them not to talk to me because I am an apostate. They then come to my house or call and tell me.

• trueblue
    trueblue

Igot2beme, you mentioned you have private property signs up on your property. For me I tried that just to get any people to quit bothering me so I can get some work done and it only made stupid people ask more questions, so I got the JW's to help me put a fense up with a gate and I locked it with them on the outside and just don't answer the door when I don't want to be bothered. You can not tell people what to do, it only makes them mad. People do not know how to read signs...

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

I have found a lawyer for libel and look what I found on his sight. I though this might be of intrest and I think I may have a case. This is the Montana law for libel and slander.

Montana Law FirmspacerDefamation – Slander and Libel

Defamation and invasion of privacy in Montana

“To spread suspicion, to invent calumnies, to propagate scandal, requires neither labour nor courage. It is easy for the author of a lie, however malignant, to escape detection, and infamy needs very little industry to assist its circulation.”

– Samuel Johnson: Rambler #183 (December 17, 1751)

What is defamation?

“Defamation” is either libel or slander. M.C.A. 27–1–801. Written words and pictures are considered “libelous,” while spoken words are called “slander.” Generally, defamatory radio and television broadcasts are considered to be libel, rather than slander. Libel or slander is said to have occurred when it is “published,” that is, when it is printed, or said.

“Libel” is a false and unprivileged publication by writing, printing, picture, effigy, “or other fixed representation to the eye” that:

1. exposes a person to hatred, contempt, ridicule or obloquy; or

2. causes him to be shunned or avoided; or

3. has a tendency to injure him in his occupation. M.C.A. 27–1–802.

"Slander" is a false and unprivileged publication – other than libel – that:

1. charges a person with crime, or with having been indicted, convicted, or punished for crime; or

2. imputes in him the present existence of an infectious, contagious, or loathsome disease; or

3. tends directly to injure him in respect to his office, profession, trade, or business, either by imputing to him general disqualification in those respects which the office or other occupation peculiarly requires or by imputing something with reference to his office, profession, trade, or business that has a natural tendency to lessen its profit; or

4. imputes to him impotence or want of chastity; or

5. by natural consequence causes actual damage. M.C.A. 27–1–803.

A libel or a slander is committed every time the false statement is repeated by its original maker or by another person, even though that person is repeating the defamatory statement accurately. Multiple copies of a publication containing a defamatory statement do not create multiple publications of the defamatory statement, because the entire edition of a periodical, book, broadcast, or other similar publication is treated as a single publication.

• Igot2bme
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Well it sounds like your going to be a force to be reckoned with especially if you have a legal issue and an attorney to pursue this, everything changes when an attorney get's involved.

At the very least pushing back will send notice to your town, the entire congregation, circuit and especially the elders that some have tried to negatively affect your business and you personally. It's going to be a no win situation for the JW's no matter the outcome. They may even decide to just drop the whole thing, especially if you or your attorney can provide evidence of slander. Keep us posted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit