I have allegedly been charged with apostasy

by Igot2bme 77 Replies latest jw friends

• mind blown
    mind blown

@ palmtree67 ...THAT'S HORRIBLE!! Bastard X's all the way around....

But again they have to have proof.

I know the WTS has been sued over and over again. However, have taken to because of being separated from family, blood, child molestation etc.....and I'm sure most of those people who have been DF'd, either addmitted it because of their underhanded way of initianting a Judicial Meeting or proof.......

It doesn' make sense? They won't DF a child molester brother because they have to have a witness or three.....come on you guys?

• TD
    TD

Palm,

Well, that is EXACTLY what happened to me

I know it happens; Believe me. I knew a JW that had been disfellowshipped in absentia by a congregation he didn't attend and he didn't find out about it until the next District Assembly when people from that congregation refused to talk to him. Very weird.

The question is whether these elders had a legitimate claim of ecclesiastical authority. Again, not an attorney, but based on my research, I think the answer would be "No."

Jehovah's Witnesses are legally organized in the United States (and elsewhere) as a congregational church and the legal relationship is therefore between an individual and the congregation they are affliated with. There is no relationship between the individual and the parent organization or any other congregation.

If you read the letter from JW attorney Leslie Long here, I think this becomes very clear.

• iknowall558
  • mind blown
    mind blown

Thank You TD for posting this info. I reads exacty my point. They will not DF until they have the proof needed to do so. This is a very important document.

Again, DON'T GO TO THIER SNEAKY JMEETING! You'll be foreced by your good nature, to admit things or admit by trying to defend yourself! Then they'll have all the proof they need....

• mind blown
    mind blown

Lurkers beware! See what happens when you leave the WTS! As myself, you forget your grammer, spelling, etc.....it all goes to hell....

Since the WTS is hell bent on stict rules and policy, before one gets baptized, they should print a docutment of ecclesiastical tribunal rules and give it to a publisher who's on the verge of baptisim. At least letting them know what their rights are or are not.

1 If you later have an issue with a certain teaching or the GB "Keep your mouth shut or you'll be DF'd for Apostasy.

2 GB is the only one who can change a teaching, even if they were wrong in the first place and even if you knew it was incorrect in the first place, you be DF'd for Apostasy.

3 Even if one DA him or herself. Other members/family will still shun you because the GB encourages it.

4 It's Ok for the GB to use dirty business tactics but you cannot.

5 It's ok for the GB TO CONTINUE IN WRONG DOING for fear of being sued, exposed, or embarressement. But you cannot or you will face tribunal.

6 It's ok for the GB not to be repentful in their wrong doing or mistakes.

• illoowy
  • sinis
    sinis

Yes, you can face your accuser, per the Bible. Also, speak to an attorney, have him draft a letter indicating that any announcement by the local kingdom hall will be perceived as slander of your good name, and that the elders will and can be sued (personally) for slander. Make no mention of sueing the WTS corp itself. This happened to me, and I was never bothered again. If i were you, I would dick with them, what do you have to lose? you may even get some enjoyment out of it. ;)

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

...."If i were you, I would dick with them"...^^

Perhaps physically impossible and likely ethically undesireable for a lady, I guess....

This is in no way to "stumble" you, OP; please go at them full force. Just thought the choice of words was interesting.

• sinis
    sinis

Dick with them - as in make life miserable, waste their time, etc...

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Was there recently a thread here where a someone had her attorney send a letter to her congregation preemptively to avoid having her name read from the stage? I believe she was successful in her quest and actually sued someone in the cong. later for slander.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit