I have allegedly been charged with apostasy

by Igot2bme 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

I recieved a letter today and it reads:

Sister Jennifer B****,

We request your presence for a judical Hearing

The alleged charge is Apostasy

The place Kindom Hall, St. Ignatius, MT. Monday January 16, 2012 7 P.M.

If you can not be there please call J***** T****** at ***-****

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

These "busted" posts always give me the chills. I feel for you.

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

Wow! It's funny how corporate-like they try to be. What a religion, huh? Do you know anything regarding the specifics of the alleged apostasy?

What are you planning to do? Show up or lay low?

You should know that since they have charged you with apostasy, there's a big chance they will disfellowshipped either way...

Wish you the best of luc- I mean good fortune...

And remember whatever happens, we are all here for you!

• cedars
    cedars

Igot2bme - I do feel for you. It's always disturbing when they start chasing you.

It's really up to you how you play this, and it depends a lot on your circumstances. You may want to consider writing a DA letter as the "nuclear option" to prevent the need to turn up at any judicial hearings. Alernatively, some have simply ignored the requests and ended up being disfellowshipped by default. It's your call, but you have my sympathies. It's a horrid cult.

Cedars

• DonutZ!
    DonutZ!

Does being a member of this forum count as apostasy?

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

That's right DonutZ!

By posting here you are now a 100% "mentally-diseased", Satan possessed apostate! (according ONLY to the Borg though)

Scary stuff huh?!

But don't worry, we won't tell anybody...

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Did you receive this "certified" or just regular mail? i.e. did you sign anything for it?

If you did not sign anything - they technically have no proof of contacting you.

One option then is to ignore, ignore, hide, and delay, until it goes away.

Assuming you don't go to meetings, do not answer their calls (even better - get a phone that blocks ph #s that u tell it to). Do not sign for any correspondence via mail or commercial carrier that comes from them or an "unknown/unmarked sender".

As for avoiding them in person, you might have to be a bit more pre-cautious than ususal. Can they freely approach your home anytime? Is there a way to prevent that?

Anyway - a lot depends on your situation, but if you've faded and aren't around JWs anymore, it can be a way to turn the tables on them. I think there was one poster that successfully filed a restraining order on the elders ... and I don't believe they ever proceeded with the JC after.

• WTFaretheythinking
  • DonutZ!
    DonutZ!

Lol "mentally diseased". You should ignore the elders as much as you can, and try to fade! Good luck!

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

@Pika chu- I was sad when I first got it then I was like WTF, what authority do these people think they have over me! Then I was pretty much pissed me off the rest of the day....

@Onedayillbefree- I am going to lay low for a while, I knew this was coming but I will try and stave it off for as long as I can. Pretty much to be a big pain in theass as much as possible for them! I'm glad I got you guys to lean on, seriously if it wasn't for this site and the people in it I would of still been in that cult! :)

@DonutZ-Yes, according to the elders it probably does!

@Cedars- Thank you for the incouraging words. :) I never knew how persistant the elders were until they got wind that I didn't want to be a witness anymore which was heresay from a third party. I do have a DA letter ready but I was waiting for the right moment I guess.

@just n from bethel- I didn't get it ceritfied in fact it had the wrong address on it. They had sent me a letter before and I told them I would send them a response but now they are claiming apostasy charges. I have posted Private Property signs on my land so they will not come up. They don't know what my new number is so they can't contact me that way. I would like to contact an attorney about this if it would do any good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit