I have allegedly been charged with apostasy

by Igot2bme 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

I will keep you guys posted for sure. The lawyer is suppose to contact me within the next couple of hours and I am hoping for some good to come from this. Good as in them leaving me the hell alone. It also involves family (in-laws) who just can't stop thier gossiping. This harrassment has to stop!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Here is the thread from Roberta804 on dealing with then via a lawyer:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/219169/1/Important-to-put-in-your-letter-of-DA

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

Thank you for the thread LG. It looks like I might have a chance against these a**holes!

• sinis
    sinis

You may want to sit down with the gent at the grocery store and ask them if you can audio tape a few questions, or submit what they told you in writting, you may have. Might not hurt to take that into the lawyer and show them how it has traversed the church into the local community...

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Don't let it rattle you. You have options.

1) Send a DA letter and get on with your life, put in as much as you want, state facts, you never know one of the committee may get a conscience... then go and do something that gives you immense enjoyment

2) Keep doing the things that give you immense enjoyment, don't respond and let them proceed to allow a pea brained JC chairman with mock humility and an air of being deeply saddened wander up to a falling apart podium, with a backdrop depicting some paradise scene painted by a brother who knows squat about art at the end of the night and make some feeble announcement and then cheerfully ask all to rise (if they can) and sing song number 3, "God is Love..." ponder on the irony of that.

3) If you have the courage and tenacity - pull an Ed Dunlap, go out on a high note. Request emphatically that you be afforded your scriptural right to face your accusers (TWO not one) and let those dipsh*t's squirm (I have seen that before, it ain't pretty for the accusers), insist on your right to ask for specifics, dates, times, evidence, etc. Put them through the wringer...then go and do something that gives you immense unselfish enjoyment

All to often some dipsh*t feels they have to tell the elders and let them do their dirty work. When I was an elder I made it a point that if they had a problem, the scriptural thing to do is to approqach them first with the evidence. If that did not work, come back with the evidence and we will talke about it. If not don't waste my time and several evenings away from my family to all hours of the night (and morning).

No matter what happens, come back here, you are amongst friends who actually care about you.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

I've often thought that if I recieve a letter in the mail, I will just write RTS on the envelope and leave it in the mail box.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Congratulations.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Dear Lord ... sounds like the INQUISITION ...

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. ...

QUOTE THIS TO THEM:

1 Corinthians 4: This is how one should regard us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found trustworthy. But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by any human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself. For I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby acquitted. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive his commendation from God. ...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

We request your presence for a judical Hearing

The alleged charge is Apostasy

The place Kindom Hall, St. Ignatius, MT. Monday January 16, 2012 7 P.M.

If you can not be there please call J***** T****** at ***-****

Several ways to respond, I suppose. The wording is a little vague, so I might respond with a letter, something like:

I was certainly surprised to receive your letter stating that Brother J***** T****** is facing a judical committee, being charged with Apostasy! However, I'm unclear as to the reason for your request for me to attending his hearing. I recall that there have been a few times that I overheard him gossiping about [the CO, or the COs wife, etc.], but I doubt whether it would be anything which would be apostasy.

Otherwise, if it is now a provision for anyone to attend such a judicial hearing, I appreciate the invitation and would be most interested in being in the audience. And I am most certain that many others would be interested in attending this meeting at Kindom Hall, St. Ignatius, MT. Monday January 16, 2012 7 P.M. After all, since all matters handled by the older men in ancient Israel were conducted in the public city gate, it certainly makes sense that the Society would adopt a scriptural approach of handling these matters before ALL, rather than the overly secret unscriptural procedure that was carried out by the Sanhedrin when they illegally tried Jesus in secret, after dark, away from any onlookers that would see the terrible injustices that they carried out.

For those unable to attend, is it also possible now to get written information about such a judicial hearing? Certainly, in the case of Paul addressing the Corinthians, he was very detailed in writing down what the offense was and everything that transpired in that judical case. Since there was never a scriptural example of some first-century elder announcing to the congregation that so-and-so is no longer a Christian without a factual explanation of all the details, I would find it most encouraging that the Society is finally following the scriptural procedure and handling such matters in public with a written record.

Thank you again for notifying me about this. In case you are not able to get a reply to me in time, I will contact some of the friends and let them know about this exciting new provision!

Your Sister,

• ziddina
    ziddina

Sheeesh!!!

Thanks for finding that thread, Lost Generations!!! I looked for over an HOUR and couldn't find it, cause I couldn't remember the EXACT wording of the thread title!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit