Personal new years res: find a husband... any suggestions on how to do this?

by highdose 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Humans are humans. I don't believe people who are married have great insight into getting married. A young female fashion mag once opined that you marry whomever you happen to be dating when both of us want to be married. There are countless ways to find some one. Luck is a factor.

I was impacted by the growth of feminism. While I was in high school, all was put on hold until I married. Why go to Europe? It will be better married. I wanted a quasi-parent so I did not have to grow up and go to events by myself. There was a different crowd of women as I progressed. I used to be dumped by friends if any male were on the horizon. No more! There was no excuse for not keeping female commitments. There was enuf time in the week to see female friends and date. I started going to events alone. Can't say it was great but it beat staying home alone.

When I started working, I did not wait to get married to have a nice apt, furniture, vacation, china, silver, etc. Men came out of the woodwork. Marriageable men. Men wanting to marry soon. Being able to go it alone made me feel much more attractive.

There are horrid marriages. If there were clear answers, the author would win ten Nobel Peace Prizes and be second to Jesus rather than the Beatles.

• Violia
    Violia

what botr said

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Think about it....... Tango 9, breaker breaker.... Lol.... Do You want her to date truckers!

Somebody finally gets my humor.

Think About It

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My advice as a married woman of 19 years would be to be yourself and stop looking for a husband. Have you heard of that old addy when you stop looking that's when you'll find someone? Well that happened to me. My first husband left me (the marriage was a mistake and I had it annulled). After the annulment I dated (a lot) and met a man I wanted to marry but he didn't want to marry me. I lasted dating that man on and off for about 18 months before I called it quits. I kicked him and a few other men out of my life. I was done. All of those men just wanted either a chick on the side or they only wanted to see me certain days leaving the other days open for their other woman. I remember the day I told the man I wanted to marry that it was over, he got mad, told me I'd be back. This man didn't want to commit but he want me to be available. I was so done and decided to stop dating for awhile.

But guess what? I met my husband a week later. I wasn't even looking. I met my husband on business, on something that was set up by an exboyfriend because he thought we could work together.

My husband says he was attracted to me the instant he met me. It took a little longer for me. He asked me to marry him six months later and a year and almost two months later we married. We met 20 years ago last October.

I've seen a lot of my friends' marriages fail. We have one friend who is going thru a terrible separation right now. Marriage is tough, more so when a spouse is stepping out on the other, but if you find the right person it can be so worth it.

Good luck

• moshe
    moshe
    I've met a few ladies in the past by CB radio.

A good working buddy of mine back in the late 70's had a wife who loved to talk on their CB base radio in the kitchen- Green Eyes was her handle- truckers would start calling for her from 20 miles away- he ignored all the reports of how friendly his wife was on the radio- a year later she filed for a divorce and ran off to Nashville with her trucker lover.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Green Eyes was her handle

Oh yeah.....I remember Green Eyes.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit