Personal new years res: find a husband... any suggestions on how to do this?

by highdose 65 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Marriage Is but a religious ceremony, the western wedding ceremony being nothing more than pagan symbolism and legal beuracracy. The unmarried have a lot to say, and a lot of experience.

Your point is taken, dear S&R (peace to you!), but if you would be so kind, please... re-read my comment:

"... unmarried people are probably not the BEST resource for information on how to find a husband/wife."

... and the title of the post:

find a husband... any suggestions on how to do this?

Now, some DID comment as to finding a partner/mate... and I did NOT disagree or even comment as to that. I simply tried to address the question, is all.

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Your so polite AGuest , mwa x

Apologies, I tip my hat to you humbly x Also, may I say I have seen how good your advice has been for years on this forum, I hope I caused no offence.

Snare x

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Now, some DID comment as to finding a partner/mate... and I did NOT disagree or even comment as to that.

What a bold faced lie ! What was your comment directed to me then AGuest the two faced one. ?

You seem to many times talk from the corner of your mouth whenever it appropriate to cast solemn self righteous innocence.

Your expressed condemnation of my suggestion a page ago shows your dishonesty.

• AGuest
    AGuest

MUAH, back at'cha, dear Snare (and peace, too! LOLOL!)... and you caused absolutely NO offense, none at all, dear one!

It's amazing, isn't, how when we read we "think" we "see" things that aren't there... don't see things that are? I learned that we do that by the misuse of the scriptures/verses by the WTBTS. Although I didn't know what (or rather, Who) it was at the time, I would often hear, "No, that's not what is says. Read it again." And "lo, and behold" (LOLOLOL!)... found I'd read something that really wasn't there/stated - LOLOLOL!

We ALL do it from time to time, dear one, so NO worries. But that tendency is exactly why I often post as I do... line by line, almost: so that I DON'T miss/misconstrue what someone is "saying"! Unfortunately, a LOT of folks here appeared to have learned that tactic from the WTBTS (or others like them), and use it... intentionally.

You and me? We're totally copasetic, dear one!

Again, peace to you!

SA

• Giordano
    Giordano

My mother in law recently remarried. She is my wife's age so my wifes farther was 20 years older. They had a long marriage 45 years (he passed away).

She was devastated by the loss, really having a hard time. She told us that social engagments were very difficult....... she said she felt like there was always an empty chair next to her.

Long story short some friends began taking her to a country western bar that was a friendly place with people of all ages and she found a dancing partner and they would meet there once a week, dance and talk. After a number of months they began to spend a little extra time together and then serious dating and after two years they married.

Now my mother in law is an attractive women, she has always kept herself very trim and fit. So we finally meet him and he is about is around 5'7" and is 300 pounds! Turns out he doesn't drink or smoke but he likes his pasta. He's well known and liked in the community......... volunteers as a kids soft ball coach.

She hasn't been this happy in years. So the advice to become friends first certainly worked in her case.

• charlie brown jr.
  • snare&racket
    snare&racket

AGuest, I bet you have a cute bum X (offended now?) lol lol

Nah seriously I can tell its a chomper

• AGuest
    AGuest

Ummm... dear TO (peace to you!)? I don't have a problem with non-marital relationships. I DO think it wise to carefully consider MARITAL advice from those who are NOT married. Now some, perhaps even you, might probably consider it the same thing. I would offer that if it WERE... most unmarried folks would GET married. It isn't, though, IMHO... considering the legal and other differences/ramifications.

Even so, if the OP wants advice as to a non-marital relationships, as well (which I don't think was the case, given the term "husband", but I could be wrong)... she can let us know that. Until she does... I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt that HER desire is to get married, the advice for which might be slightly different... because, for some, looking for/being a "husband" is an entirely different thing than being a partner/mate.

Peace!

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

Imagine if she was unable to look past his height and weight, dear Gio (peace to you!)... what she may have missed out on: a great life, with LOVE and FRIENDSHIP in it! And DANCING!! LOLOLOLOL! I love your MIL, already, and I've never met her! LOLOLOLOL!

As for my bum... what?, dear Snare?? Peace to you, again... but not sure what THAT was all about! You just leave my bum be, here?

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    As for my bum... what?, dear Snare?? Peace to you, again... but not sure what THAT was all about! You just leave my bum be, here?.....Shelby

Ya gotta love a woman who`s In Charge of her Bum!..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit