Personal new years res: find a husband... any suggestions on how to do this?

by highdose 65 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

deicded i've been on my own for too long. bout time i made tracks to settle down. trouble is i'm not sure where to look? The guys that add me of FB are just looking for a one night stand and thats all. i have been on a singles site and met nothing but weridos and freaks.

not picky, would settle for sane and normal.

suggestions welcome

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Yes, if you are hot and under 33 send me a PM.

• highdose
    highdose

i seem to attract older men, but have no idea why?????? i do look a good tens years younger than i am and have never really lost that "wide eyed, nieve, innocent jw" thing. Dispite having lived a completly different life since. maybe i bring out the paternal in them? don't know, its a tad creepy though

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Ditto on the ten years younger (other people say this not me boasting)! Send me a PM and tell me what you are looking for.

Hey If you want a 2nd opinion on if i'm a weirdo or not then ask Mummatron she knows a bit about me...

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I met my last girl friend in the cat food isle of the supermarket. I asker her out and she asked "are you a weirdo?" we went out for 18 months or so.

Dont write off 'older guys' either.

I was asked out by a lady in an art shop...so dont be afraid to be the one to do the asking. Take some night classes that men might take, auto repair or something. Go to places where you think the sort of man you fancy might go. Take up dancing lessons. Do some speed dating.

Do everything and do it for fun. That way when Mr right isnt at the date night, the dance class or the bar, it doesn't matter.

FB and dating sites...not worth it. Very few (of either sex) will be like they say. Dating and match maker sites will take all your money and set you up with anybody they need to convince they are trying for 'them'.

And lastly...Nothing wrong with one night stands either. I don't say that from a male perspective either...I have gone home with ladies, spent the night cuddling and no sex. Everyone needs affection and the touch of another. Sometimes these gals just needed that only. But do it safe and smart. Any red flags dump the guys sorry arse!

Oz

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Use the following suggestions as applicable. :)

Join a gym or similar fitness centre.

Redecorate any parts of your home looking tired and worn out.

Get a new wardrobe - underwear through to evening wear.

Have a major declutter of any parts of your home housing junk ( be harsh ).

Put together a debt management program and get rid of credit cards.

Try the 'yes' rule. Every time someone offers you an invite to a party, sports event, lecture or just to watch a movie at someone's house do it, don't take emotional baggage along and give yourself over to simply being rather than analysing and then laugh and cry your time with friends, aqua trenches* and strangers.

Never ever underestimate the power of physical touch. Learn to shrink your personal space.

Never mess with marrieds or those in relationships.

Do all this and your self esteem will soar. The most attractive thing in a partner is justifiable self esteem based upon genuine life control. You won't stay single long.

* acquaintances lol at IPad auto correct

• Azazel
    Azazel

Aww thats so sweet! romance blossums on the forum.

Maybe we need to have a singles looking for a date thread.

Az

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

highdose -

i seem to attract older men,

Did some one mention me? I wouldn't say I'm old but my first address was pangaea.

I hope you find Mr Right.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I think we should have a dating section as no ones going to understand an Ex JW better than another Ex JW are they. It's defo my preference at any rate.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Yes, if you are hot and under 33 send me a PM.

If you are cold and over 33 send the PM to me.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit