Personal new years res: find a husband... any suggestions on how to do this?

by highdose 65 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Tee hee , yes ma'am.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

As another suggestion to Highdose , most large towns and cities have singles clubs which there are sponsored events for people to partake in,

try seeking one out and give them a try. They are certainly much better than bars and night clubs.

You could try one of the inter-net's dating sites that try and match people up by personal profile but be careful

and cautious when using them.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    Re: Personal new years res: find a husband... any suggestions on how to do this?

Sorry...I can almost hear the pitter patter of feet running away from you just for actually deciding to "find a husband". Guys are usually scared off by ladies "on the hunt"....there's just a certain vibe.

If you make it your resolution instead, to have new experiences this year and just meet new people in general it might work out better. If you have your "ducks" in a row in terms of your personal life, health, finances, appearance,outlook etc....you'll be all set when you meet somebody you click with. People seem to attract others when they are content with the life they have but are open to other possibilities.

• moshe
    moshe

I had a 10 year single period in the 90's and I met lots of ladies. Taking ballroom dance lessons was one way to meet singles socially back before the Internet existed.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"Sorry...I can almost hear the pitter patter of feet running away from you just for actually deciding to "find a husband". Guys are usually scared off by ladies "on the hunt"....there's just a certain vibe."

And I say let them run. No woman should have to persuade a man to marry her.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    .......was one way to meet singles socially back before the Internet existed.

I've met a few ladies in the past by CB radio.

Think About It

• zagor
    zagor

Well there's your dating ad right there, so now just sit tight and enjoy your pickings. And put a hat on.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Hi highdose,you have some good advice on this thread.

It seems most of my life I thought I was half a person looking to find my better half. I mistakenly,have been waiting to start my life to find the one to share it with,but I decided to start living my life to the full now. And if I find someone special on this journey,I will be overjoyed,but if I don't,I'll still manage. But,it will just be a lot of fun along the way.

I think others feel comfortable around those who don't take themselves too seriously and just go with the flow. I found most men do anyway.

But,best of luck,on finding someone special.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Think about it....... Tango 9, breaker breaker.... Lol.... Do You want her to date truckers!

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    And I say let them run. No woman should have to persuade a man to marry her.

Exactly....it could come off as being desperate and no man should feel he had to be persuaded to marry anyone or that it was all part of someones scheme, rather than let it happen on it's own accord. I'm even that way when I want to buy something and a salesman/woman tries too hard to push the sale. It makes me think somethigs wrong....or I'm being tricked somehow. "Whats wrong with this product that they have to try so hard to sell it....seems like the good products practically sell themselves so long as they are placed where potential customers can learn about them"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit