Did you make stuff up without realizing it when you were in the 'truth'(TM)?

by punkofnice 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Still thinking - Bloody wasps too. The thing with wasps and mosquitos is that they're real..........can't say as I can say the same about Satan!

• Intel
    Intel

Yep. Count me in, making "stuff up" on the fly.

I was a "born in" and with 16 HAD to become a publisher (I pushed it as much as I could, until my mother started all weepy and pushy). I was pissed. So, I often went out in service - alone. Everybody was so proud of me, because of my bravery and such a good training to become pioneer (which I did later). To put as much households against the witnesses (if there weren't enough things), but especially the "nice return visits" that already started visiting the KH and such I would read bible passages about the ressurection, that EVERYBODY gets a new chance and the text that with your death your sins are cleared (can't bother to look it up, you know which one I mean ;-)

...and then, next boom: Adolf Hitler will resurrect and be with us in Paradise, petting lions and stuff. Most people would look at me in shock and disbelief. One woman went to the elders and asked about A.H. in specific, but they said not everybody would make it back and read about cain and adam and eve. But there is NO mention about Adolf..., so she insisted to know if death would REALLY erase ALL sins. Where do you draw the line? By the count of dead bodies you leave behind? Is there an arbitrary number? She came back to me and said the elders are sure Adolf Hitler won't come back, because he killed Witnesses. BUT, BUT...there is Paulus who killed and got a second chance.

Anyway, to make a long story short: I had my fun with this, some people in the territory where disgusted, saying that we where also Nazi supporters and I loved the knee jerk reaction of my body of elders to answer to the questions. They forced me to stop saying that and that I should not repeat this ever again. Mouth shut. Another topic that gets sweeped under the rug.

• curiouscynic
    curiouscynic

I remember a "sister" commenting in a... shit can't remember what they're called. BOOK STUDY! That the Holocaust was the fulfillment of Jesus' withering tree of the Jewish nation prophecy.

All the debates I had on the Trinity seem kinda pointless now.

Once... I told someone that at Jesus' baptism God spoke from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased." -Matt 3:17

Turns out he said, "This is my beloved son: hear him." -Luke 9:35 ...umm... I think...

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Have you thought of launching it as a cult? I have an idea for your first book - "Divine Flan of the Sages"...... It includes recipes! Recipes for disaster upon joining a cult!!..." Punk of Nice

DAY - YAMMMMMM.....

Now, THERE'S a thread idea...

I'm off - look for the thread in a few!!!

Zid

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

I remember people deciding that God will grant the desire of every living thing in the New System (TM) so naturally, their pets would be resurrected.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I honestly didn't realize until I was 16 or so that the teaching was that the first resurrection began in 1918. I was shocked; I first learned it in a daily text reading. All my life I thought it started in the first century. I guess I got that from my danged Bible reading in which Paul expected to go to heaven when he died. So I was floored that I never realized it happened in 1918...where's that date in the Bible? And then I was surprised to learn that Babylon the Great also fell in 1918....I thought that was still future! Growing up in the tooth, and I still never understood what really was taught...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Intel - Yes. I said the Hilter thing too. I had this vision of him in the 'paradise'(TM) at a 'meeting'(TM) doing his 'Hitler Salute' when he wanted to comment.

washtowel conductor - '...er yes. Brother Hitler at the back there....'

Bro Hitler - 'Ve must obey ze governink body vis out qvestion!'

Curiosityinc - I actually gave a public talk and said that Jehovah's(TM) voice was actually heard at his baptism too!

El Zid - We have threading work to do!

Shadesofgrey - It really makes one wonder at the level of sanity in the JWs doesn't it!

Leolaia - Darn! The Bible must be wrong if the watchtower says something different. (Inserts Outlaw's laughing Mutley GIF)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I thought I would bump this as I know JWs (not just the wbt$), pull stuff out of their bottoms to fit their idiotic doctrines and self made concept of god.

• humbled
    humbled

Making stuff up?-----It happens in all churches that teach there will be a massacre at judgement day by the ALL-LOVING God and his son.

If you can't understand how a loving father does this then you start to rationalize and figure ways around it somehow.....or somw people just know how crazy it sounds and will lie about what their church teaches.

I gravitated toward every possibility that God would be merciful and fair to people who had done the best they could in life--but I know that was not the sales pitch we were trained to give.."Sincerity is not enough.." is the way I learned it. "You can be sincerely WRONG."

It took me a long time to leave this lie. And yes, I made it (the WT version of "Truth") seem kinder than it was while I was one of its peddlers (pedlars for you Brits, Punky).

Maeve

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thx Maeve.

I think i tended to see...and do it myself.....that we make god in our own image. In other words as you say...we rationslize our own thoughts onto god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit