Did you make stuff up without realizing it when you were in the 'truth'(TM)?

by punkofnice 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Clambake
    Clambake

Isn’t there a few high profile WTS apologists that have gone so far the reservation they have got disfellowed ? ( Robert Bowman, Robert King etc ).

It is kind of funny to read some of their stuff and see how badly their brains have been fried trying to crack the secret code of accurate bible knowledge.

When you belong to a religion that is essentially just a conspiracy theory it is easy to see how it happens though.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Strong H - This is something I have heard a lot of JWs say over the years...in between demon stories, that is.

Clam - Just look at how crazy Fred 1975 Franz was. We didn't see much of the cult leaders back in those days...they were dribbling lunatics. Knorr with his 'anti matter' and Franz with his 1975 and inane time counting.

Now we see the GB in all their gory glory and we KNOW they're a bunch of weirdos. That was their mistake. They wanted all the glory and worship for themselves. Well, there is an old ska song that I think is appropriate. It says, 'the higher the monkey climbs, the more he expose.'

In other words, now we see the face of the cult leaders, we see how cracked the cult itself is.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I never "made stuff up" per se, but looking back, I did try to rationalize as much as possible (particularly about the "creative days", the Flood, carniverous dinos, etc.) in order to convince myself to still stay in.

Eventually I could no longer do it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Vid - Yes. I think I did a fair bit of rationalisation.

I ended up convinced that Jehovah(tm) thought like I did on most subjects. I was a silly billy!

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

With the whole 'lying for the truth' or 'spiritual warfare' thing, how do you NOT make stuff up? Doesn't that mean that you decide when to be truthful?

just asking

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    TTWSYF2 minutes agoWith the whole 'lying for the truth' or 'spiritual warfare' thing, how do you NOT make stuff up? Doesn't that mean that you decide when to be truthful?
    just asking

I think most JWs are unaware of the articles about 'theocratic warfare(tm)'. However, they are certainly under the mind control of the ones that use this strategy on their own sheeple. What I'm trying to say is that most JWs employ 'theocratic warfare(tm)' without even knowing it. It comes with the mind control as a plug in.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

punkofnice - "I ended up convinced that Jehovah(tm) thought like I did on most subjects. I was a silly billy!"

You weren't silly.

How could Jehovah not think like you when your thoughts are so unbelievably awesome?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

x

punkofnice - "What I'm trying to say is that most JWs employ 'theocratic warfare(tm)' without even knowing it. It comes with the mind control as a plug in."

The "theocratic warfare" app...

...it's always running, whether you know it or not.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Vid - Why, thank you squire.

I think the WBT$ puts apps into JW heads. I was born with them. Still trying to un-install the things.

Don't know about my thoughts being awesome.....eccentric more like

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit