Did you make stuff up without realizing it when you were in the 'truth'(TM)?

by punkofnice 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Recently, since my D/Aing, I've heard the same old cobblers has been said to and by my family members. (More than likely referring to me).

''Jehovah (TM) will judge. He knows who will survive and be destroyed at armageddon. He'll even save those that have left the 'truth' (TM) as he reads hearts!'' ...........or some stuff like this. (I laugh at the thought of an imaginary megolomaniac reading my heart!)

I think these and similar 'Jehovah (TM) is so wonderful' statements are just a confection to keep my family 'in the truth', or attract them back to the 'truth' (TM) ...............giving them the hope an imaginary sky megolomaniac with a branded name won't lovingly murder me SOON. SOOON! SOOOOOOONNNNN!

I say this because when I was 'in the truth' (TM) I would make stuff up without realizing it (if you catch my drift), because I was trying to express what a wonderful loving god Jehovah (TM) must be.

I really didn't appreciate the real doctrine of the WBT$ or their true stand on crap written by their exclusive publishing company trading as Jehovah's Witnesses (TM).

Did you make stuff up or 'add' to the WBT$'s doctrine without realizing it when you were in the 'truth' (TM) ?

Especially given propaganda like this:-

w89 9/1 p. 19 par. 7 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium

Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. (Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4) They will make up the "flesh" that Jesus Christ said would be saved through the worst tribulation of all human history.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I used to give the old "i don't judge or read hearts Jehovah does" as an answer when people would ask if i felt only JW in good standing would live thru the big A.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Found sheep - Yeah. I wonder if this is a form of 'theocratic warfare' by accidental default??!?!?!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    I used to give the old "i don't judge or read hearts Jehovah does" as an answer when people would ask if i felt only JW in good standing would live thru the big A.

Have heard that one from the husband (elder) of the woman who is studying (gag) with my wife.

• N.drew
    N.drew

protection of the Supreme Organizer

They said Jehovah is the Supreme Organizer? He's gay?

And they say we can find protection getting organized? I better get busy...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

innersearch - I think we all were victims and perpertrators of that one!

N.Drew - In dubbie dreamland Jehovah(TM) is anything you like. He can also be the grand poobah!

• steve2
    steve2

As a born-in JW, I never made stuff up - ever. There was enough made-up stuff on hand already - I didn't need to make it up. Why make your own hamburgers when MacDonald's is right next door?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

steve2 - It's probably easier to count the things that aren't made up in the WBT$ than count all the fantasy they invent.

I think as a bOrgite, I had this view that Jehovah(TM) was so good that he could do anything but it'd all be good. From this I made my own deductions about how this imaginary brand named god of the WBT$ would likely think and act.

I don't really remember much, if anything, in the dublications about this way of thinking. Probably because the GB want all the glory and don't really want god in the picture....................except as their brand name!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    he reads hearts!

Gawd

How many times have I heard that one?

They pull that one out of their tatty old bag of excuses just before I get my Paradise book and show them pics of Jehovah killing babies.

It's like a TV sitcom .... fireside speculation by some ancient goat herder has the GB making up insane science for why the goat herder was inspired by Jehovah, then your Dub has to make up some even more insane excuse for the GB's excuse.

I was probably just as bad, but I blanked it out ................. like lots of other stuff.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Ha ha . . . nice angle Unky.

I think these and similar 'Jehovah (TM) is so wonderful' statements are just a confection to keep my family 'in the truth'

Yeah confection is a good word . . . sweet and sickly little morsels that mean sweet FA.

I recall one Elder friend who when lost for an answer to my question would say "take it to Jehovah in prayer brother" . . . WTF? . . . did it ever work for him I wonder? . . . like the answers just came to him in a dream or something?

He said it so often that I eventually borrowed the tactic . . . and would tell a brother to "take it to the big guy" just to avoid getting involved, knowing full well that it never worked for me. Spiritual and intellectual candy. It's easy as long as you don't think too much.

Candy's addictive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit