What history have you seen in the makeing???

by karter 120 Replies latest jw friends

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

Space Shuttle Challenger Disaster.

Death of Princess Diana.

9/11

Internet

Cold War

Discovery of AIDS

End of Apartheid in South Africa

Wreck of Titanic found

Fall of the Berlin Wall

Cloned sheep

All on TV of course, it's not like I was actually there.

• jemba
    jemba

zeus beat me to it....

aids- us kids all thought you could get it from kissing

princess diana dying- shocking

911- left me numb for weeks

the rise of the internet- the rise of the informed apostate!

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Challenger (watched it explode, never watched another takeoff) ....9/11 (I had the day off, watched all day, now I don't watch the morning news) Two I can think off off the top of my head, before coffee.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Adam and eve expelled from eden

that's the way my achin' joints feel at times

• moshe
    moshe

Hmm, a big story, still in the making? Do I have an idea, well now, let me think a sec---

• karter
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Do you mean where I was present or watched on TV?

I took part in every major antiwar demonstration in NYC and D.C. Saw Julian Bond at a local church in my hometown. Jesse Jackson spoke to my classmates during a special assembly a few months after MLK was assasinated. I saw Bobby Kennedy's casket at St. Patrick's Cathedral. People were fainting all over the place. It was hot and the wait was long. Some adults saw the teen age me and told me how to move to the head of the line. They told me to go to Kennedy KQ around the corner and get a Kennedy button. Well, no one insulted me so much. I was no cheat! So I wait hours to file pass the coffin.

Saw Len Weinglass and William Kuntsler in my hometown. Saw Kuntsler regularly in my law school library. Always wanted a chance to chat with him. He was always absorbed in work.

Saw the NYPD riot police beat my classmates to a pulp in front of Hamilton Hall at Columbia College.

Saw many rock'n' roll legends before they were legends at the Filmore East. Saw a day's worth of Woodstock before returning home. Saw draft card burnings. Witnessed other people doing civil disobedience.

Saw some really crazy street people in the East Village. Saw Nureyev and Barishnikov. Saw Andy Warhol in East Village.

9/11-my neighborhood was the staging area. Saw thousands of flyers at Bellevue. Saw the extra trailer for the Medical Examiner's Office. Saw Ground Zero. Saw numerous funeral homes.

Attended John Lennon memorial in Central Park. Attended Concert for Bangladesh both performances. Saw several superstar benefits to raise antiwar money. Attended part of H. Rap Brown trial. Saw several Supreme Court justices at my law school. Saw the Court sittting in the Sup Ct. bldg.

Saw Paul Simon in Central Park. Saw Pavarotti concert in Central Park.

• prologos
    prologos

eye witness: the flight of the Zeppelins, the b17 formations and their crew bailouts, Canadian & Russian troops meeting 1945, the Berlin airlift, the Shuttle launches, Breshnev in Washington, time will tell what else, 15 minutes of fame counts?

• jdubsnub
    jdubsnub

I saw the first episode of Jersey Shore.....

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I remember when your cell phone was one of these things hanging of your dashboard.

I remember where i was when Casey Anthony was found not guilty

9/11

flat screen tv

Stock market crash of 2008-2009

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit