What history have you seen in the makeing???

by karter 120 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The collapse of the wtbts, aka jw's. Of course, that's a prophecy----which according to wtbts is HISTORY written in advance.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

bohm: It is a bit scary to think about what else we are going to see. Seems like it is about one "moment in history" every 20 years so it would appear we are nearly due.

The fall of the berlin wall was huge! So was the labor unrest in Poland with Solidarnosc.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Neil Armstrong say those famous words... - a truly historic moment, yes

Muhammad Ali win and loose the world title 3 times - Ali's third title win, against 8-fight novice cruiserweight Leon Spinks, was slightly farcical. The ref let Ali get away with illegal clinching over and over. If a fighter's hurt, he will be allowed to momentarily clinch to avoid getting KO'd. What is disgraceful, however, is making clinching a strategy throughout the entire fight. No warnings or points taken off? WTF?!

Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis also each won the HW championship three times, BTW.

The 1st women prime minster of the UK - for some reason, people aren't keen on celebrating this. Wonder why

Rafa Nadal winning the French Open 9 times is historic, and will probably only be beaten himself next year.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Think the three things that affected me most over the years, were men landing on the moon when I was 11. It was a big thing in school and very exciting. The fall of the Berlin Wall and then more recently 9/11. Both shocking events.

I was also very moved by the 'Feed the World' campaign.

I also absolutely loved it when England won the Rugby World Cup in 2003.

• prologos
    prologos
    prologos2 years ago

eye witness: the flight of the Zeppelins, the B17 formations and their crew bailouts, Canadian & Russian troops at the Baltic shores 1945, the Berlin airlift, the Shuttle launches, Brezhnev in Washington,

participant in the June 17 1953 uprising against the Commies, brick in hand, ready to throw at tanks.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    How about the liberation of the Netherlands but that was before my time. LOL
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    V

I had more than one Egyptian student tell me that there would be a revolution, within a few weeks of revolution. Ordinary Egyptians were beyond what they could bear. Unfortunately, they have Mubarak 2. I was there before the revolution and the summer after.

I've been in Makkah. Walked to the cave, prayed near the Kabbah. No drama, but many here have never been there. Or Pakistan. I taught Emirs daughter. I taught prime minister's daughter. Been in his home.

I remember where I was when Michael Jackson and Elvis died. I remember the planes hitting the towers. I paid 4.95 an hour for dial up internet service.

Mt. Helens.

Family trapped all over the world when the volcano in Iceland went off. Husband stuck in Hungary, son in Arabia.

I participated in Hands across America.

New year's in Times square.

Saw King Tut exhibit in 1970-something, then saw him at home in egypt, decades later.

Watched Challenger blow up. First and last event of that type I watched live on tv on purpose. I avoid live tv but still saw the second tower hit and fall. I couldn't not watch😢

• kaik
    kaik
    For me, it was Velvet Revolution of 1989, which I participated. Fall of Berlin Wall. Unification of Germany. War in Yugoslavia, Collapse of USSR. 9-11
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    The Challenger explosion go with throttle up. Je me soviens I remember.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

The assassination of President Kennedy. I was only 4 years old but I remember my mother making a big ruckus about it.

The moon landing. Yes, it was one of those black and white rabbit eared tvs. I was on the phone with my mother while she watched it in a restaurant.

Nixon's presidential win. He said, prior to that, that this nation needed a good 5 cent burger and Burger King or McDonalds lowered their prices to that for a day.

Watergate.

The second landing of the space shuttle which I witnessed with my own eyes at the air force base.

Tiananmen Square.

The collapse of the Soviet Union. I remember my uncle having said that it would take 100 years. He was off by 99.

The great meltdown of the Arctic Ice Cap in 2007 and later in 2012. They're not considered historical except by a few prescient scientists. We are living in interesting times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit