What history have you seen in the makeing???

by karter 120 Replies latest jw friends

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    The birth of the World Wide Web.
  • karter
    karter

U.K leaving the E.U.

Iceland beating England at football.

Karter.

• karter
    karter

Team new Zealand once again win the Americans cup.

• sparky1
    sparky1

The death of Nathan H. Knorr on June 8, 1977

The death of Frederick W. Franz on December 22, 1992

Not that I witnessed their deaths directly, but that I lived during the time that these 2 men perpetuated the lie of 1975 and that they lived long enough to see their false prophecy fail! No wonder Knorr cried his eyes out during the last annual meeting he attended.(That I did witness.)

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Sorry Karter but what is the Americas cup. I think their would be more jws who would know about the ARC than the general population know about the Americas cup.

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

Liberals destroying Europe, going to destroy cultures hundreds/thousands of years old in a matter of a few short years.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Fall of the Berlin wall and Chernobyl is one of the earliest memories of 'world events' I have. Later on, I was aware of the Gulf War, the forming of the EU and experienced the Kosovo War in person. From then on, the growth of the Internet, Techno/EDM The Matrix, the Dotcom bubble, 9/11.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The steady decline of the WT Society. :smirk:

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I saw the Challenger Space Shuttle blow up on live TV when I was 10 years old.

I saw the twin towers go down in NYC live in TV when I was in my early 20s.

I saw the first non-white person become president of the United States in my early 30s.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I haven't read every single post though I saw many of these things here. I watched Neil Armstrong live on a B&W TV. I had some 33 1/3, 45 and even a few 78 ( remember those?) a portable 8 track player, then cassettes.I sat on my Dads shoulders watching JFK in a parade in 1963 ( Ohio)

What I have not read here yet, a tragedy in my little world--

New Coke.

UGH I don't think I ever got over that. ( But was it a stroke of marketing plan genius, or a massive marketing blunder hat ended up working out in the end?) For me, Classic coke was not the same. I wound up ending my relationship with Coke after that, then crossing over to diet coke later on.

Living nearby, I remember the June Jam in AL. and also Bonnaroo in TN.

I also remember Geraldo Rivera opening up Al Capone's vault, with massive expectation, and there was nothing there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit