What was your most DISTURBING event as an elder ? (Per T.O.S. no full names please).

by Balaamsass 83 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I was never an elder but I can share my daugher's story. After my daughter moved on her own she had the visit of a male friend who wanted to confide in her about his up-coming marriage...he said that he had doubts because he really was in love with my daughter. She turned down his advances but the brother finally had his way with my daughter with what I would call a date rape. Feeling guilty, she went to the elders and they called the elders in the brother's congregation. After their investigation, the brothers said that he denied having sex with my daughter and the this was just a plot by my daughter to break off his engagement because she is obsessed with him. The elders in my daughter's congregation kept on asking: "are you sure you are telling us the truth'. The fiancee and some of her friends called my daughter to threaten her and the fiancee's mom also called and she said that she believed her story. At no time was my daughter given the opportunity to confront the brother face to face...still the wedding was celebrated at the Kingdom Hall. That's when my daughter started exiting the cult. One year later the brother admitted he had sex with my daughter and he was disfellowshipped and his wife divorced him. Of course there were no apologies from any of the parties. Later my daughter started dating someone at work and an elder watched him coming out of my daughter's appartment early in the morning...that elder is my brother, her uncle....that how he chose to help her...At that point she wrote her disassociation letter. You may wonder why I didn't get involved to help my daughter during this difficult time...I live 6 hours away and I learned of all this after the fact when an elder in her congregation called me to tell me my daughter was no longer a JW. Gradually after several calls and some visits I learned what really happened to my dear daughter.

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

wow nvr2l8. I hope shes doing ok now.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

ex360shipper,

My daughter is doing fine. She has been living with the same man for 14 years. She started her own business and owns her house. We have a good relationship especially since my exit from the JW. I profusely apologized for not being there when she needed me the most and she understand why I acted as I did....damn WT rules. As for my brother who is an elder, I had a chance to speak to him when he visited 2 weeks ago. I told him how I felt about being forced to shun my daughter - how unloving and insane it is to think that cutting off someone is a way to prove our love to them. How logical is it to be responsible to my daughter if she was in a dire financial situation and then letting strangers (elders) shoulder this responsibility if she is having spriritual problems...? He had no answer except to tell me that I should do what I feel is right in my heart.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

NVR, That would be heart wrenching for you and your daughter. So sorry for the pain. Another thing THAT infuriated me was the WTBTS NEVER appologizes....for it's behaivor or allows Elders to. Corrections should be annouced from the platform..not only for Dogma changes but for wrongful judicial actions when new evidence comes to light. Newspapers do...and they make no claims of being Christian or guided by Holy Spirit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit