What was your most DISTURBING event as an elder ? (Per T.O.S. no full names please).

by Balaamsass 83 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

that is so so not ethical to punnish a woman to save her life when the baby more then likely would die anyway

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

MY observation from my brief time on this board is that the WT$ is loosing/lost the only good elders who are decent, caring, and humble enough to know their limitations. Having to enforce the ridiculous and often harmful rules would be a thankless and depressing job. I was always glad that as a sister I was never expected to "reach out" for that job.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

A young sister disassociated herself and when asked why she answered: "I just think there are too many things we are not allowed to do and I'm tired of being told what to think and what to do. I want to enjoy life and I can't do that as a Jehovah's Witness so there you have it." I admired her even when I was still indoctrinated, at least she wasn't half assed like most others. It was distrubing because I think that even then I agreed with her.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

VERY disturbed by a Rape in an adjoining hall. Young teenage sister told her mother. Mother calls elders (NOT police). A young MARRIED 20 something ministerial servant Confesses to "consensual" sex in the hot tub. As an Elders Son he got private reproof. The minor because she stuck to RAPE story and Not consensual sex, was deemed "not repentant", and was marked because she was not baptised. Police were not contacted "because of reproach upon Jehovah". Sister was told if she did NOT drop the case internally, or if she reported it police, she would be disfellowshipped for slander.!!!!!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Balaamsass, that makes me FURIOUS!!!

But it's so typical of that 1950's "good ol' boy" mentality of the Watchtower Corporation...

Also was VERY typical of the police departments until only around 10 - 15 years ago - AND to a certain extent, is STILL a mentality found on certain college campuses, to this day...

Not that the problems with "worldly" people and institutions excuses the Watchtower Corporation in ANY way, shape or form...

Zid

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Ya Zid, It made me furious when the family told me. They begged me to back off and refused to testify or speak to the police. The disfellowshipping fear was worse than the anger over the rape. I get mad just thinking about it. It wasn't the only instance I knew of. It really damaged the daughter.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "The disfellowshipping fear was worse than the anger over the rape. I get mad just thinking about it. It wasn't the only instance I knew of. It really damaged the daughter...."

That's about the clearest marker that one is - was - in a cult, that I can think of...

Other than drinking koolaide spiked with cyanide...

That poor, poor girl... Did she ever leave the cult???

Zid

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Yes, she left but was racked with guilt and low self esteem. One of the biggest hurdles with these kinds of cases are the MOTHERS. They BELIEVE the child will die at armagedon (and public humiliation) if they go to "outside" agencies.

AARRGGGHHH!!!!!

• Azazel
    Azazel

Hello friends im back under a new name to hide my real id from WTBS.

The most disturbing thing about elders now is their new "Mind Control for Dummies" book......opps sorry i mean

"Shepherd the flock of God" manual.

Its a disturbing read heres a link for you to get your own copy . Lessons in how to be a hard hearted elder.

www.2shared.com/document/x_mMoqi/Shepherd_The_Flock_of_God.html?cau=403tNull

More disturbing is any who have studied this and want to remain an elder.

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

Welcome glueman!

My first JC was a shocker. During the official "investigation", the three of us (who would form the JC) was sitting in the back room after the Service Meeting awaiting the brother to come in. I was a new elder and was a little nervous. I finally asked: What did he do? They replied: Bestiality with a cat. At that very moment the brother walked in the room. I honestly tried to keep a good poker face, but I didn't know whether to laugh or puke.

There are about 10 years of my life I wish I could just forget...

All I can say from experience is that judicial committees are horrible. They do not help the victim (I know this because I once sat on the other side of the table)... and for elders who truly do care... they are gut wrenching. I've cried like a baby after some committees. Those who serve on them are so unqualified... and I shamefully admit I shouldn't have been on them. Men sit as judges who have no understanding of psychology, human-social behavior, and the realities of mental and emotional trauma. Committees only serve the interests of the power-hungry and sex obsessed among the elders. It's a modern-day "star chamber" that is used by the organization as a weapon to keep the rank and file in check. It doesn't strengthen the congregation... it keeps it scared.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit