What was your most DISTURBING event as an elder ? (Per T.O.S. no full names please).

by Balaamsass 83 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

Disfellowshiping schizophrenic men and women and saying (Those hearing voices talking to them, those unable to tie their shows. Those who brought their cats to the Kingdom Hall. You get the gist.) "They need to be responsible for their actions." I pleaded "The Law states, they are not guilty by reason of mental defect." The Committe said "They should know better and Jehovah expects more out of his servants than the Law does!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Avocado, That is terrible, but I saw that as a child. I remember a sister who drank heavy after she lost her health and DAUGHTER in a car accident!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Someone asked on the previous page how an ectopic pregnancy can become a judicial matter.

I don't know of this specific case but I think the recommendation the doctor makes to a woman in such a situation is to abort the fetus asap since there is NO WAY it can survive. A woman can be DFd for having an abortion. That could be what happened there.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Thank you Mad Sweeney.

That is puzzling to me. Abortions are banned, even in unusual situations where the fetus can't survive, and possibly even put the mother's life at risk? I don't support abortions, but that really doesn't make sense. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this point at anything the WTS does or teaches.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I find it amazing that if an elder or a minsterial servant confesses to a 'serious sin', as long as it occured before their appointment, and as long as it was a 'few years ago', they can keep their position.

Yet a publisher who might confess to something they did a year ago easily get disfellowshipped and letting so much time go by without coming forward counts against them. And coming forward is stressed so much...it said that if you don't confess, as strongly implied by one CO, that like Achan, you can bring God withdrawing his spirit and favor from the congergation. Yet a elder or a minsterial servant is appointed by holy spirit?

Does not compute!

• ziddina
    ziddina

marking...

• wobble
    wobble

I was never an Elder so never had to deal with such stuff. One or two JW's confessed things to me that would normally have gone to the Elders and probably thence to a JC, but I counselled according to what the Bible says, and their secrets remain with me alone.

The question Glueman asks is relevant, what NT justification do they have for a JC ? "Reprove before all onlookers" comes to mind, but nothing about an In Camera inqusition.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Glueman: Welcome. Anonymous Please please post a link to the ectopic pregnancy story. Ectopic pregnancies do not produce live births, it is impossible---excluding the most scifi exceptions. They used to be call tubal pregnacies, since fertilized eggs can implant in the fallopian tubes. But ectopic is more accurate since they can actually implant anywhere outside the uterus. I never heard that ending an ectopic pregnancy was a JC issue, and so want to know the details.

I know someone that worked at their place of employment for many years. Everyone knew the nature of their employment. After years of experience and seniority, suddenly a JC was called and it was determined that they needed to leave their employment---lose their health insurance for the children---try to find other work in a depressed area. Yeah---they got df'd. I wonder why the congregation wasn't in danger from their employment for all those years prior.

NC

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Welcome Glueman!!! So glad I was never an elder!! I knew one elder that was part of the JC with the CNN child abuse story. He stepped down. He may be here... He seemed "aware"....

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

It was about 1990 when Louise Zenke was disfellowshipped for enjoying alcohol too much. She was in her 80's, raised 4 super zelous kids (the two sons being real heavy weights at Bethel- norman and howard). She had been faithful and zealous her whole life. How 3 elders could not forgive a senile old woman for drinking too much (in the privacy of her home) I will never understand. She did not drive - so it was not like she was going to run someone over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit