Multiple Abuse ...

by talesin 76 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• talesin
    talesin

N.Drew -- the worst 'beaters' I knew growing up were my friend's parents,, both regular pioneers to this day. It's awesome that you realized, your heart told you it was wrong. I respect that, it takes a big person to admit to something and change it. (((nancy)))

mamalove - yr name says it all! Talking = good,,, secrets = bad. Though it would be unhealthy to always dwell on the subject, it's soooo good to make this a subject we are not ashamed to discuss.

((FS)) -- just because is the only and bestest reason we need to be private. Thank you for sharing.

QB - you are a good man - I would hug you back. For every story told, there are, I am sure at least hundreds reading, who will know that they are not alone.

(((bofc))) -- every day? OY!

rabbit -- mrs. rabbit is one of the most loving people I have ever known, and her skills at helping me, too, are amazing. You and she are a great couple, in that you both have those qualities.. soon ... :D

LV101 -- You are stronger than I, to be her caretaker. From your words, I shudder to think of what hell you must have gone through (((LV))) I think the book is a good idea.

Tec - Merci, and you - you show the kind of love and understanding of a real follower of Christ.

tal

* wonderful to see all the participation in this thread, healing in action! *

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I can't type fast enough to hug all of you (I only know how to hunt and peck) in'69 the end was comming in a few months. Why did I need to learn to type right? Anyway, (((((group hug)))))))) I can't even deal with my feelings right now. I'd like to get ALL the abusive parents AND the mates who didn't intervene in behalf of their own children and put them in a room with each other and duke it out.

• talesin
    talesin

Great idea, 3rdgen (actually, I like both ideas :D) I second that!!!!

(((((((((((((((GROUP HUG)))))))))))))))))))

I also wanted to let all readers know that if you look under the forum topics in the "Forum Related", and click on "links to related sites", you will see selections from Lady Lee, a moderator and professional counsellor. You may find helpful information / advice there. Lady Lee really knows her stuff, and is highly regarded in her field.

tal

• rebel8
    rebel8

if one can imagine-(please don't)

In the midst of a very sad topic, I see you have a sense of humor! :)

My own experience has been that I push people away (subconciously), and then get very sad when the friendship dissolves. All along, it's me who sabotages it!
    Been there, done that. 999

re enemas--Circa 1940s, enemas were thought to cure colds, upset stomachs, overdue babies, basically anything that was wrong with you. Mothers were told to give enemas to their kids often. Obviously that's rubbish & traumatic, but maybe the intent wasn't 100% sinister in all cases (but surely in some). I could see how that could easily morph into a way to torture your child, once the mom realized that's the effect.

• rebel8
    rebel8

my mother has many, many privileges now, especially going to RBC meetings every week (she's some sort of administrator) and drama rehearsals to do the beards and makeup stuff. ... last I knew but loves to brag about how everyone knows her and how hard she works and all the extra stuff she does for the org. It totally sucks. If they only knew...

If they only knew, they probably wouldn't believe it right before their eyes, they wouldn't care, or both. Or at least that was my experience with my Dubbie Dearest (cue Joan Crawford pic).

When you think about it, her status is so contrived. A group of silly people believing in an imaginary bearded sky daddy, making up titles for her in a committee to build stuff for said sky daddy, and to make beards for grown adults who act in plays, wearing beards. And this, she brags about!

Really?! It's similar to the games I used to play with my Barbies, except less fun. LOL

• talesin
    talesin

Really?! It's similar to the games I used to play with my Barbies, except less fun. LOL

• LV101
    LV101

rebel8 --- I agree w/you about enemas used to tortured children. I recall one of my psych books (60's maybe) saying mothers used enemas as power to gain control over the child and wield their authority. Maybe some of these evil mothers didn't have a mean husband to maim/traumatize/beat the children and this was their method. Sick!

LV101

• talesin
    talesin

LV101 - you may recall that was one of the tortures employed by Sybil's mother.

sick

tal

• rebel8
    rebel8

I tried to search for more historical info about the enemas but all I got was stuff related to fetishes.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I just read all the stories on this thread. Jehovah's happy people....

So sorry to hear about the childhoods that some of you have endured. However, the fact that you are able to go on, posting to help others, shows that you have what it takes and are exceptionally strong individuals.

I am sure it is hard sometimes to look forward instead of dwell on the past. The very fact that those of you with children have determined to be compassionate, loving parents speaks volumes about your character. You have risen above your abuse and are now able to help others by posting your stories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit