Multiple Abuse ...

by talesin 76 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

BP, No matter where a person lives on this Earth, certain JW thoughts and sayings have a way of making the rounds. The stoning thing is one of them. I am sorry that you were told things like that. It would be very demeaning for a parent to say that to a kid, especially the part where the parents emphasise that they would be the ones to throw the first stones. Truly sickening for a parent to say that to a child.

You are a good friend, and I appreciate your caring attitude!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Thanks darl!

Ironically, my father was the same one who told me about Russell and the pyramids. It didn't sway me at the time, being a true believer, but it did help confirm the "apostates" knew what they were talking about when I first discovered the internet.

• JAFO
    JAFO

Amicus.. re Kissinger and the Nixon clan.. you don't know the half of it.. if you want to know, PM me (trust me, you may not sleep well for a while though)

• rebel8
    rebel8

Physical and psychological, along with severe medical neglect.

I would like to add that the above were at the hands of jws. However, my 1 jw parent required me to endure severe bullying and physical abuse by others as well, quoting the scripture about 'turning the other cheek' and saying jehoopla would murder me if I did anything to defend myself.

To this day she claims what I experienced was normal kid stuff.

I was just talking about some bullying stuff w/my non-jw husband. I asked him what bullying he had to endure. He could only think of 1 instance in his life when, as a young adult, some guys teased him and he kicked their a$$es (which is not really bullying at all).

Despite all the people I have counseled and all the education I have, I had not realized there were actually people who had not personally experienced at least some degree of bullying and physical abuse. That tells you how terribly skewed my view of it has been, I guess.

Can you imagine how wonderful it must be to have never experienced that? I am having a hard time imagining it.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I have a question if you don't mind.

Even though you are not constantly thinking about the past nowadays, do you believe the past abuse has affected your social life?

I am a pretty social person and I am extremely assertive/unafraid of setting limits, but I find I am just not interested in socializing as I might otherwise be. I tend to think people are just too mean and I don't enjoy it as much as I may otherwise.

• designs
    designs

This is an important thread. Here's to our healing.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

hand up BP

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

When I was in the old country there was an instance where me --> as a 8 year old was cornered under a bridge by a 16 y/o boy.

He tried to make me touch him.......... Luckily I ran as fast as I could.

Never saw him again, but never told anyone

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Some physical abuse here but my brother bore the brunt of it.

My mum has told me her parents used to adminster soap suppositories to them as children.

• talesin
    talesin

Still, I remember being told at a young age that "IF we were living in Isrealite days you would be stoned to death and we (my parents) would have to throw the 1st stone." I'm sure many other kids got told that too.

(((BP)))

(((3rdgen)))

I can't understand, now that I am old enough to have grown kids, how parents can be so cruel. And how the group-think is that it's acceptable to terrify children like that.

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit