Multiple Abuse ...

by talesin 76 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Thank you for your Empathy and Compassion BP, Tal, and 3rdgen! Please don't feel bad, as I have been healing and it really doesn't affect me very often anymore. Therapy really helps, as does antidepressant meds. I feel really bad that others have gone through the same types of things. I wouldn't wish any type of abuse on anyone. Welts go away, but the scars from emotional and verbal abuse don't go away nearly as easily and sometimes they stay to remind us of things. There is a saying on an advertisment that I saw years ago while riding a bus. It said that "Words hit harder than a fist" That has always stuck with me because the words are so true. I know that oithers have been through much worse than the experiences that I encountered, and I wish that there were something that I could do to help others feel better about themselves.

I am mortified that you have been raped Tal. That is one of the worst things that can happen to a person. I couldn't even begin to fathom the violation that must be felt from something that is so private. I hope that the person who did that to you has been punished, although punishment sometimes doesn't even begin to make up for such an atrocity.

3rdgen, My JW family as well as my mother won't talk to me. My dad died years ago, and I didn't find out he had died until i did an internet search and saw his obit. He had been dead for 3 years when I found out. I tried and still try many times to talk to those still alive, but as is typical for those who have family in the JW's, they refuse to communicate. I now realize that it is their loss, and I no longer feel guilt because I realize that it is not my fault. Once a person realizes that, healing comes much quicker. I accept your Motherly Love and Hugs!!! Thank you!

BP, it is friends like you that help make things good in my world! The family of friends that I have built gives me everything that I need and want! Thank you for being you!!!

I wish that we could have a huge group hug so we could all feel the positive energy and thoughts of each other! Just knowing that there are those such as yourselves helps make what could be a dark and gray day into a bright, sunny, warm one!

• amicus
    amicus

I was never beaten as a child, never abused. Most of the women I dated told me horror stories. I'm from a NA tribe that never fought the US.

I think we Americans are scarred because of our warlike history. We have been at war every generation since the war of Independence. All unnecessary. They were wars to make some very rich men more rich and they continue. You can't scar a people with that brutality and expect normalicy. Mothers, your kids are being scarred...wives, you husbands are being scarred. Don't participate! These rich cowards can't kill other innocents if you won't participate.

• amicus
    amicus

"The good thing that came of this is, I survived it. I have spent a lot of time healing. And I chose not to raise my son in this manner. He's a good kid and I'm proud of him."

One of my all time favorite posts. Violent cycles CAN be broken.

• talesin
    talesin

I'm done for tonight, but really happy I opened this thread,,, it's healing to tell our stories,,,

To all who have been there, and to all who choose to share and believe our stories,, I say good nite, and I xoxo love you all,,, we are not just survivors, we are THRIVERS,,,

Tell your story here, if you feel safe,,, it's important ...

xo

tal

* to my friends ,,, I love you, all,,, *

• talesin
    talesin

((((Ada))))

(((OC))))

to all who are silent,,, I know you are reading this,,,, we love you!

tal

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

AdaMakawee, How have you been? It is nice to hear from you!

Wow, I am sorry that you got the enemas so often. I used to get them (Enemas) constantly too, and getting them was one of my earliest memories, which are still very vivid as if they happened yesterday even though they were over 45 years ago. I remember kicking my legs and crying to try to keep from getting them. I hated the feeling that they gave. To this day, I still have some issues over it, and anything to do with that part of the body makes me feel-I can't even describe with words, but it is not good. I am trying to think of a comparison and I cannot even begin. It has made it especially hard to deal with in regards to my sexual orientation if one can imagine-(please don't) and the fear has caused problems in past relationships (which have always been difficult for me anyways). After I was grown, I asked my mother why she gave them to me so often, and all she said was that she thought it was the right thing to do. No other explanation. I don't think that that was a good enough reason.

I wish that you weren't so "socially awkward" as you put it. I remember several years ago when you were on here regularly and I had a great time conversing with you, and I always felt a bond as many things that you had said about yourself hit home with me. I can understand the shyness though. Even my friends who I talk to know that there are sometimes that I just can't talk no matter how much I want to. There is a block sometimes that keeps me from being around or even talking to people. For my own sanity I just have to avoid people sometimes, even if I really care for them. I know it sounds weird, but I think it is some type of safety measure. I am much better about it than I used to be though. Maybe it has something to do with the isolation that one experiences from being raised in the JW environment and only having a select few that we were allowed to be around if at all.

I am so sorry that your siblings weren't a support for you. That must have made you feel even more alone sometimes. I was an only child, and would have given anything to have had siblings. If you would have been my Sister, I would have loved you and wouldn't have made you feel bad about yourself. It is disheartening how people have suffered due in part-(often a Large part) to the Watchtower Org. and how it makes families even more dysfunctional than they already are.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Thank you for starting this thread Tal! Perhaps it will help others realize that they are not alone, and that there are oters wo understand and can be a support!

Have a great night!!!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

To Talasin: I cry for the innocent children like you who have no way to cope and I'm guessing, no one to turn to for help. Obviously, JW's aren't the only people who abuse their kids but the complication of the high control religion makes the abuse all the more damaging emotionally and spiritually because God is brought into the picture. I suffered some abuse growing up JW but NOTHING like many of you. Still, I remember being told at a young age that "IF we were living in Isrealite days you would be stoned to death and we (my parents) would have to throw the 1st stone." I'm sure many other kids got told that too.That is verbal abuse cloaked in religion. No wonder we were terrified of God. He's supposed to be our heavenly father.(((((((((((Talasin)))))))) I wish you pease and love.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

3rdgen, you are very right in regards to the abuse being worsened by being in a high control group. It seems to magnify all of the unhealthiness. Thank you very much for your empathy and your support. I hope that I can be a support when you need it. People like you are what makes this board very nice, friendly and uplifting!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    Still, I remember being told at a young age that "IF we were living in Isrealite days you would be stoned to death and we (my parents) would have to throw the 1st stone." I'm sure many other kids got told that too.

*raises hand*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit