Multiple Abuse ...

by talesin 76 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

Oh by the way my mother has many, many privileges now, especially going to RBC meetings every week (she's some sort of administrator) and drama rehearsals to do the beards and makeup stuff. She is not, however, a pioneer and only pioneered regularly once when I was a kid. She barely makes 10 hours a month (much of it faked) last I knew but loves to brag about how everyone knows her and how hard she works and all the extra stuff she does for the org. It totally sucks. If they only knew...

• talesin
    talesin

((watersprout))

3rdgen -- I think there is a lot of truth to what you say. I am 4th gen on one side, and 3rd on the other. My paternal side was involved with the Bible Students, and there was also generational abuse. Secrecy, lack of respect for children,, yes, traits that encourage abuse.

lilbluekitty -- horrific! And once again, medical abuse. This is, I believe is more wide-spread than I would have thought. I'm real happy for you, though, to have a good marriage. Doesn't having Asberger's mean that you are completely brilliant? :) Nightmares & flashbacks, yes, *sigh*. ((((lbk))))

Edit: just read yr second post,,, yes, funny that! It's all about sticking around and 'putting on a good face', I guess.

tal

• N.drew
    N.drew

lilbluekitty that had to be hard to write. You said it very well. Thank you for sharing it. (((((()))))))

3rdgen, it's true, pioneers blame others for not pioneering. I've seen it myself.

You all have been real fair to be sharing your stories. Thank you.

I hate how two faced the org is. The closest I ever got to that kind of stuff you all talk about, as I did not grow up in IT, is a pioneer sister saying I should beat my son. I did finally give him one real "good" wack, and I'm still sorry about it as I left a mark on him.

• mamalove
    mamalove

This thread is heartbreaking. ((HUGS)) to you all.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

not going to give details just cuz I don't...... but yes abuse = mental, sexual, emotional, neglect form jw's and close to jw's in my life....

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

This was a hard thread to read. I really think that you are all strong to be open about such emotional scars.

Wish I could hug you all.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

My mother beat the living shit out of me well into my teens. I remember hiding bloodied bruises and welts from the other kids in the locker room for high school gym class.

She was encouraged to use a wooden "paddle" given to her by an elder/ pioneer wonder duo in our congregation. Just a spanking with the hand wasn't good enough. And the paddle wouldn't KILL me, of course...

I seriously can't remember a single day of my childhood going by without being hit.

My mother now pays the consequences of her behavior in that we have virtually no relationship at all. In fact, the only reason I would choose to ever DA myself would be because it would hurt her so much. It would serve her right.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

So many very sad stories, even tho' abuse happens in all religions. But, only one faith proudly proclaims theirselves as, "The Happiest People on Earth -- Jehovah's Witnesses."

I read these to Mrs. Rabbit, she is also a victim of sexual abuse from a young age -- at the hands of her father. Most people who meet her would never guess at all the horrible things this delicate, kind, thoughtful, loving, empathetic woman has been thru. If half of what's happened to her, Tal, OhioCowboy and many others here on this single board -- had happened to me -- I would be in a rubber room in a straight jacket!

Before we got married, I learned about most of these things -- it scared me -- because I worried just how 'damaged' she was...and could *I* handle what happened. I wanted to help her heal, but, was totally out of my element. I had a great JW mom (who died over the blood issue), a non-JW dad who was very strict and did not like witnesses. But, no physical/sexual abuse ! I had a pretty good childhood. My wife and others here had the terror...and somehow...she did not let them rob her of her goodness!

When I feel like I am gonna 'go crazy', like I am right now over an extremely serious medical situation, I try and listen to her. She makes me feel a little better.

That's Love.

• LV101
    LV101

YOU ARE ALL VICTORS in LIFE. This is heartbreaking and i'm crying a river reading your accounts.

I have a psycho, evil, aged, egg donor w/dementia, and it's all I can stomach dealing/arranging for her care and making sure she has food, meals, shelter, meds and makes it to appointments. I wasn't raised in the Watchtower and can't believe that a place of worship would encourage child abuse/hate but it goes along with everything about those demons at the tower. I hope you all document your statements and it's all over the internet, billboards, flyers -- anything, or do a book like the adult children have done in the co-dependency, 12-step textbook. There are some real losers called parents in the world and the last thing they need is a religions' (magazine distributors) abuse directions. It all makes me sick and I think all parents should be watched and I really don't care how it's done or what rights they think they have.

Love to all of you and the very best.

LV101

• tec
    tec

This thread is so hard to read.

You are all brave. I agree with LV above as well... you are all victors. I am so sorry for all that was done to you by those who should have been protecting you. You should all be incredibly proud of yourselves.

Peace and love to you all,

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit