Multiple Abuse ...

by talesin 76 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• talesin
    talesin

Ada ,,,

I wrote a long reply, and lost it,,,

you said the bestest things ............................

props to Mr. Flipper

and Love to my sweet Violia ... 4 ever

OC OC OC - you are amazing,, and I love you guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Lady Lee,, thank you! I must pursue some help.

• flipper
    flipper

TALESIN- I was much more fortunate than some who were born and raised in the JW cult from birth. I had decent parents who didn't beat me , gave me a good roof over my head, and fed and clothed me. My JW mom was very authentic, still at age 84 has a funny , hilarious sense of humor , kind of like the actress cloris Leachman ! LOL ! Kick a$$ mom. Always have gotten along well with my mom. My dad has been an elder for 55 years and has mellowed at age 86 now. Not as hardline as he was in the early days.

If I had some abuse, it was the very subtle psychological hints by my elder dad that nothing I did was ever enough. He would always quote me that scripture where Jesus said, " We are good for nothing slaves, what we have done is what we ought to have done. " I'd always chime in and ask, " Yes dad, but can't I do the field service because I WANT to ? not just out of responsibility ? Wouldn't it make it more enoyable if it was a choice to do it " ? That didn't go over too well.

Even though I was a ministerial servant for 6 years I always put pressure on myself for not living up to my dad's " expectations " like my older brother going to Bethel for 8 years and being an elder, or my older sister going to Gilead and graduating. It was self inflicted pressure as I learned in time- yet I feel my dad also looked at me as somewhat of a lesser person because I didn't accomplish what my older JW siblings did in the cult.

Doesn't matter to me now though. After I turned 40 over 11 years ago I decided I'm a good enough person in my own right , in fact, probably treat people better than my older siblings EVER did ! LOL ! But that's what the JW cult did to me for many years once upon a time, made me feel inadequate . Then I learned different and found myself authentically again after exiting the cult. Now, I feel great ! What a strange ride, eh ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• talesin
    talesin

Mr. Flipper, may I just say that I love you and Mrs. Flipper? Over and out. Talesin.

xo

t

• flipper
    flipper

Talesin- The feeling is mutual ! We love you as well. Hope you are doing O.K. lately . Hugs to you from the both of us. I'll try to call you again later this week. It's been crazy with mrs. Flipper's dad in the hospital again this week. Second time the last few weeks. He took a fall and is having arythmia in his heartbeat. Having trouble regulating all his prescription health medicines. Hopefully things will smooth out for him in a couple days. He's 81 yrs.old. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Nowman
  • Bella15
    Bella15

I read you stories, I know of a horrible one too, my niece's at the hand of a woman JW ... don't have words but my heart goes out to you all ...

Father, love us

Jesus, strenghten us

Holy Spirit, comfort us, counsel us in the way we should go

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit