Confused...

by raxxxx 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

Listen to "LeavingWT!" he speaks with wisdom and experience, so listen to what he has to say. "Swift to hear, slow to speak."

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

wow Balaamsass. I thought the same thing. I thought of the Jews and how they only had the temple even when it was run by Pharisees. That thinking kept me in for another 2-3 years.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

raxxx,

Sorry, I forgot to welcome you. Welcome. ( had to leave with a migraine) Leaving WT gave you GREAT advice. Don't repeat our mistake, drink "Koolaid", loose your criticle thinking ability, and 50 plus years of your life.

The last two mornings I bolted up at 4:30 am with a vivid nightmare of Dan Sydlick (GB ) yelling at me and his wife-lol!! ( He lived a couple of doors away at Bethel, we shared a bathroom, and ate at the same table weekends). Right now I am feeling a lot of guilt for believing any of the horse-shit about dear Ray & Cynthia Franz. They were kind, sweet people who even had me and other Bethel boys over to thier room at Bethel for dinner. For years I hid the fact they were friends for fear of being labeled " an apostate" by association.. I have a lot of apologizing to do for drinking the Kool-aid. Damm I feel so guilty and bad. Sooo many regrets.

Raxx...congrats to you and all the young members and "Lurkers" for being smarter than I, so much younger. You will not waste your life or be a part of hurting anyone elses life.

• raxxxx
    raxxxx

Right... so just to give a summery of everything...

I was brought up as a JW... never wanted to get baptized but did anyway couple of months ago. Had a few bad experiences with the elders ( once was ill for about 2 and a half months - no one called, was interested but an elder approached me at the meeting when I finally was able to turn up at the KH and asked me why I haven't put in any hours in the ministry... pathetic). For some reason I viewed it as the truth and that maybe finally I will really get into it... but also for some reason I felt sometimes like I was in a cult... Currently kinda stopped going to the meetings... blaming work for that and elders think I am going to my girlfriends congregation... Can't face going to meetings to be honest... but now motivating myself to do RESEARCH as everyone suggested :) Thank you all for kind words :)

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Hi raxxx, glad to hear you're still around. I will be curious to see what you come up with. Personally, I don't have much of a reason to pay attention to JW things anymore because my JW acquaintance won't speak to me about it. She got upset when I asked her why a rational person should believe it. In hindsight, it was probably too rough of a question to ask her, but it's done now. Anyway, for some reason I'm still interested to see how people go through the issues this organization creates and offer my own thoughts if I think they might be helpful. I look forward to reading the results of your investigation if you choose to share them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit