Confused...

by raxxxx 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

You don't sound dramatic to me. Most everyone here has had the same thoughts at some point. It really is a big deal, that is why I agree with the advise of "leavingwt" above.

Information is your friend, both about our experiences here and about what you may learn about Jehovah's Witnesses.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

We all had these feelings at some point while discovering the truth about the wts.

WTS made us doubt the education system, the knowledge that's out there which played into their hand. Once you free yourself of that cult mentality you can see through their BS quite easily.

I'm glad to hear that your family will accept any decision you make as this helps in a HUGE way.

When you're young, it's easier to pickup the pieces and rebuild your world. If you need old publications you can check out the pdf scans here:

http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/

I had a site with more publication but doesn't seem to be working correctly. If there is something specific ask, especially if you can't find a hardcopy in your KH library. Hope some of this information will help you with the research.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Welcome!!!

Research, research, research!!!

Use ALL valid sources - not just the latest Watchtower Corporation's carefully-phrased paperwork....

While we're on the subject, why not start your research with the older Wachtower publications...

And I sincerely hope that you find your way to a much greater, clearer truth - one validly based in facts...

Zid - the board's She-Devil - but don't let that scare you away...

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

raxxxx, welcome to the board.

Remember that childhood game where we swear in secrecy, turn the imaginable key in fromt of our mouth and pretend to throw it away?

That's what you need to do!

For now just read, ask as many questions as you want and as others have said you will learn what mess of a religion are you trying to fight....

As to your parents accepting anything you say or do...well, you know them better than us, but don't forget that at a point they were most likely convinced that letting you die, instead of allowing a blood transfusion is a rational choice. They may still be convinced that it is a rational chice.

Sorry if the above sounds hars; you need to know what you are up against.

Best of luck and keep us posted with progress and questions.

Remember, throw the key away for now!

-Yan

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

I do not mean to sound dramatic but it is almost like part of your world has / is falling apart... is it not?

Yes my friend it is, but it will be okay.

It was a whirlwind for me, but also so joyful and this is why...

For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

I read that scripture and Christ led me out of the cult.

May you have Love, Joy and Peace in your life,

ShadesofGrey

• Jewel
    Jewel

Raxxx-

Lots of us have done the fade and most of us know what you are feeling. When you're dealing with the WTBTS, it's not just a religion that you're doubting, but the underpinnings of the way you live your life.

As others have said, take your time and do your research. You'll be scared often and outraged just as often, but if you want to fade as opposed to DA'd or DF'd you'll have to keep your thoughts to yourself.

Come on here and ask as many questions as you like. Congratulations on starting on this journey early in your life...you'll have more time to enjoy the freedom on the other side!

• clarity
    clarity

Raxxxx, nice to see you here.

It took me about a month of searching around to find this site. Wheew!

{... does not seem to be what you thought it was...} ?

Shock was the word,... that I had been deceived!!

Then relief, when I realized that my depression and turmoil was caused by doctrine and rules that did not make any sense!

>

Google is your friend.

Research everything.

You might start with the basis for this "religion", for instance...

Pastor Russell ... started a new religion, 1874, 1914, Millerites, divorce, "Studies in the Scriptures", tombstone, pyramids, masons ...

Judge Rutherford ... Beth Sarim & Beth Shan in San Diego, 1925, "Millions now living will never Die", Prohibition, he was the sole leader and writer and made up the name jehovah's witnesses one night before an assembly, evidently didn't know or say 1914 was Christ's return, untill about the 1940's.

Who is your Mediator? ? {not Christ }

Keep looking. There is sooooooo much more.

clarity

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Raxxxx wrote:

Read a few articles in here about their alleged false beliefs... Do not really know what to do... wondered if any of you felt like that at any point... when something that you trusted and followed most of your life... does not seem to be what you thought it was...

Although I only recently studied with the JW's and stopped after a year, I spent 15 years before that believing the born-again, fundamentalist worldview. I am currently finding it refreshing to release myself from the pressure believers put on me regarding how I must approach the bible. It feels good to simply read about the history of civilization from a broader perspective and see how the bible fits into the picture.

As an example of pressure, I recall one phone conversation where my supposed friend said "Satan has you so deceived." I imagine that if you get into these kinds of discussions with believers within your own family/social circle, they may think this about you too. That's why forums like this can be helpful. When you feel ready, try posting about a topic you are interested in pursuing, and see what others have to say.

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

While I was DF I researched but didnt trust what other websites posted because I was still loyal to an org. that was not loyal to me. Thats what cults/high control groups can do to you. Anyway, what I read from wikipedia opened my eyes as they do not take sides, just present the facts. Check out, "History of Jehovah's Witnesses" from wikipedia.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Very important suggestions here. Stop and listen. Do not tell anybody anything until you have fully understood what is coming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit