Confused...

by raxxxx 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• raxxxx
    raxxxx

Hiya and... I do not really know where to begin... currently a JW... slightly starting to fade... Got a girlfriend baptised... I am baptised also... My head is a mess... I do not know what to believe anymore... never really fully trusted elders as it comes to 'leading the flock'... got burned a few times with their … decisions etc. Read a few articles in here about their alleged false beliefs... Do not really know what to do... wondered if any of you felt like that at any point... when something that you trusted and followed most of your life... does not seem to be what you thought it was...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome.

1. Do NOT tell any JWs about your doubts.

2. Read, read, read and read. Research. Think. Ponder. Read, read, read.

3. Recommended reading, in this order:

- Crisis of Conscience

- Combatting Cult Mind Control

- Captives of a Concept

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Hello,

Truth hits us at different stages in life when we realized that watchtower was just another man made religion. Some were born-ins, others were recruited, some were stuck in wts for decades others not so long. It's a start of a journey for you that you should take with an open mind. Take a look at this site - jwfacts.com. Research watchtower history and the development of their teaching and why they changed the doctrines when they did. Research 607BC vs 587/6BC as the date for Jerusalem's fall through non-jw publications and compare the quotes found in wts publication to where they were taken from.

If you feel comfortable asking questions, we're here for you and we won't tell you to just take our word for it like the wts does to it's members. Finding out that you've been lied to all your life within watchtower organization is stressful and can be quite upsetting. As you lean the truth about the wts be careful how you go about it as you can lose your family, and "friends" very quickly all thanks to the cult structure that watchtower uses over it's members. Before you tell JWs about what you learn, you have to know them to the point that they don't elevate wts above all else or they have some doubts about doctrines as you do.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

• raxxxx
    raxxxx

That is the thing... I remember once someone telling me about school... that school 'kills imagination because you learn answers to questions' but it seems the same about Jehovahs Witnesses... I am planning to do some research but it seems very... not upsetting but... medival? accept everything, question nothing and we will let you live... Not worried about family or friends. I know that my parents will accept my choice... whatever I do. My girlfriend... well it's up to her... as much as I would want to be with her if it is not something that she would like to continue I am ok with it but it is just soo.... much? I do not mean to sound dramatic but it is almost like part of your world has / is falling apart... is it not?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I know that my parents will accept my choice... whatever I do.

If your parents are JWs, there is a 95% chance that they will shun you.

Your girlfriend? 99.9%

Proceed with extreme caution. You don't have to make the mistakes that we've made. It's WAY to early to even think about telling anyone what's on your mind and in your heart. You need ro LEARN about the beast that you're up against. You've only glimpsed into the eye of the beast. It's far worse than you can now imagine.

Take it slow. It's not a race.

• raxxxx
    raxxxx

Thanks for that :) at least feeling a bit better now already knowing that some people might be able to help go through it.

• undercover
    undercover

Welcome...

We've all been there. LWT is right, it's not a race. Take your time, figure shit out.

And your first instinct of not trusting elders... good instinct. Continue to not trust them. Even the "good guy" ones. If you get to the point of increasing your fade and they come a-callin', you're going to have to remember they're only trying to re-assimilate you. Don't let them fool you into a false sense of trusting them. Do not voice your doubts or questions to them...not if you want to continue fading...

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

RAXXXX, check your personal messages on the top right. You may need to click on the message twice as the first time it may not open.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Raxxxx... what leaving wt said...

take it slow and keep your mouth shut until you are comfortable that you have researched enough to make an informed decision... it won't be easy discovering all the lies and deception but you will learn to cope with it and come out a better person on the other end... but again, take it slow... good luck....

• 00DAD
    00DAD

What leavingwt said in both posts. That's good advice!

raxxxx, Hang in there and take it one day at a time. Keep us posted on your progress. There are MANY compassionate people here that can help with your dilemma. Most of us here are there or have been there recently.

Daniel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit