Is homosexuality ever justifiable? I say YES!!!

by TimothyT 117 Replies latest watchtower bible

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

James.....

Good Grief is my Trademarked Line!!!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Someone should put a "TM" symbol behind James Brown's comment.

Let's get this thread back into legal territory here.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

LOL I agree 2011 .....

what's the big deal

Gay or Not......

I love those who think.....

you can pray the gay away

• tec
    tec
    The Heavenly Father knows the heart and minds of people ...HE is the final judge so until WE AS INDIVIDUALS ARE IN FRONT OF HIS THRONE FOR JUDGMENT everybody should shut the fuck up ...

(I'm sorry for your niece, Bella... so glad she has your complete and unwavering love and support!)

Peace,

Tammy

• shamus100
    shamus100

Easy there big fellah!

Tom Cruise is doing it. He is proving it can work.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Timothy, we all have a sense of right and wrong. That's important. I will grant that our sense isn't always the same as our fellow man's sense. That does create some problems.

Currently, the number one factor in influencing that sense in many humans is their belief system. Some book or some cleric gets to tell people what they should feel is right or wrong. They define what they say is wrong as "sin."

I refuse to let some book or cleric or some other person call anything I do a "sin." My sense of right and wrong says to respect parents and other human beings. But if I don't do that, I no longer accept that it is some horrible sin. Even murder, which virtually every human being understands is wrong, is not something that should be defined as a "sin."

There are other factors besides religion and belief systems in play. Very homophobic men like to define homosexuality as "sin" but the very idea comes from their belief system background. Remove the background and the homophobes and the macho men would just feel that homosexuality was "not for them." But to each his own.

If the Bible defines "sin" and condemns homosexuality, instead of trying to justify it to/through the Bible, simply discard the Bible.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Timothy, You are doing a wonderful job with your threads! They are nice, thought out, and well written. Remember though that we are only about 10% of the population, so there are many more straight people here than Gay ones like ourselves. As long as things are kept clean, no one should have an issue with these threads, as they are valuable to us Gays and Lesbians, and help promote our healing. I think that many people don't realize what it is like for a Gay person in the Org. As far as the Watchtower is concerned we are among the lowest of the low, so any encouragement we can get from each other is a true blessing.

To those who are complaining about this being the sixth thread in two weeks, if you don't like it, don't read it. Simple. 99.9 of the other threads out there are geared for you. Please let us have our few threads that help us feel wanted and accepted. It is somethng that we NEED to help us heal.

If that many people are upset, maybe Simon can have a separate category for issues dealing with LGTB issues, as he has done in the past for politics, etc. But again, if you don't like the thread, don't go to it. No one is forcing you to be here.

Thank you again Timothy! Your excitement and enthusiasm are very encouraging. I know this is all somewhat new to you, and I commend you for taking what could have been a very negative experience, and making it positive! Some of us can learn a lot from your good attitude!

Please don't leave Timothy. Too many Gay people have been chased away from here over the years. Don't let the naysayers get under your skin. The board needs honest, caring, and smart people like you!

• Quendi
    Quendi

Very well put, ohiocowboy! I couldn't have said it better.

Quendi

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Timothy I'm straight and could care less about someone's Preference.......

Don't be chased out because of some Narrow Minded Fools!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Wait-a-sec...

Are you saying that HETEROSEXUALITY isn't ever justifiable??????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit