Is homosexuality ever justifiable? I say YES!!!

by TimothyT 117 Replies latest watchtower bible

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

since human do not need to have sex to survive, how do you justify homosex?

i can justify heterosex by saying reproduction. everyother reason is primal instinct.

if a hetero needs to get off, he can masterbate. he can die a virgin and still lead a good life.

if a homo needs to get off, he can masterbate. he can die a virgin and still lead a good life.

if a lebsian needs to get off, she can masterbate. she can die a virgin and still lead a good life.

i don't believe all heteros have had sex to survive. some have died virgins.

are you saying homosexuals need to have sex with men to survive?

or just to be happy?

i'm not hating or judging, just asking a logical question.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I miss Timmy!

How could he leave JWN? Where else would he go?

How often do healthy young males think about sex? A LOT! Even us old healthy males think about it A LOT! And the more I try NOT to think about it... the more I DO think about it! And all the JW induced guilt about the subject makes it a hot topic! Just look at all the exclamation points I'm using! Sex is that exciting!

@ strymeckirules: Really good sex is not just about survival or procreation. Similarly, a really good meal is not about receiving a prescribed about of nourishment through a feeding tube. Both hungers are based on a biological drive, but it goes way beyond that. A person could spend their life a JW virgin and eat a bland diet all alone, but would it be a "good life"? It sure wasn't working for me. When it comes to eating, I'd rather have something tasty with someone I enjoy. Similarly with sex, I'd rather do something tasty with someone I enjoy. Spending the rest of my life jacking off alone wouldn't qualify as a "good life" in my estimation... at all. It would be a huge waste of my talents ;-)

• watersprout
    watersprout

Bella i'm soo sorry about your neice! When I read what you had posted I was gobsmacked at the abuse she had undergone. I really hope she finds some real peace and can discover who she really is.

Timmy what you have to remember is Christ's words, not Paul, king Davids, moses etc... Did Christ mention Homosexuality?? If He did it would most CERTAINLY be in the bible... All Christ teaches is love and to show it to our neighbour. That's it! Christ wouldn't condem you for being YOU! That would make Him mean and unjust which He most certainly is NOT. He loves you Timmy and never forget that.

Peace

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Timmy is doing fine y'all and is head over heels in love with Jack and I think hes still looking for that special place that he can go and worship where he feels comfortable.

Paula x

• man oh man
    man oh man

Strymeckirules says: since human do not need to have sex to survive, how do you justify homosex?

Well I would say most people have relationships for more reasons than just to have sex! And you say you are not judging but your comment shows that you believe having sex with ones self is okay and sex with opposite sex is ok but shouldn't happen within same sex?

Most relationships are base on LOVE and that is the NEED that MUST be filled to live a happy and satisfying life unless one is born without that need.

Why can't we all just live and let live?

I hope Timothy gets over this and continues to post!

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Strymeckirules says: since human do not need to have sex to survive, how do you justify homosex?

I would just like to submit my opinion on this: While artificial insemination and "test tube babies" may be theoretically possible, they are a tiny percentage of human reproduction - and done at great cost, by at great effort by many other people.

Actual human reproduction is statistically the same as it has always been, (male-female sex, natural birth) and will remain so as long as we live.

I do not believe the species is willing or capable of reproductive survival without heterosexual reproduction.

Timmy is doing fine y'all and is head over heels in love with Jack and I think hes still looking for that special place that he can go and worship where he feels comfortable.
    Paula x

I am very glad to hear that - and I am sure that practically everyone else here is too. James

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Justifiable???? I don't like that word for this!! I mean you don't need a "reason" or "permision" to be YOU!!! I don't look down on anyone because of there "sexual preference" as long as they are adults!! The ONLY thing I don't like about gay men is they won't flurt with me

Peace to you and to anyone that is supressing themselves to make others happy!!

FS

• nugget
    nugget

The problem with articles writen by the wtchtower are that they have their own agenda. Within the organisation the options are limited suppress your sexuality or leave. There are no other options and thus the article is to remind people that they cannot act on homosexual feelings. That is the only purpose.

I feel sorry for any youths in the organisation presented with this damaging material which dismisses their struggles and trivialises the issues they face.

I wouldn't give it the time of day. To say there is help in the bible and then not to specify what that help is can only be described as dumb.

• Violia
    Violia

There is so many things wrong with the WTS when it comes to human sexuality - where do we begin? Some of us have been badly wounded due to issues like child molestation, rape, homosexuality. I guess that means we all have our own soapbox , issues that are very difficult for us.

I recall a missionary I knew who was DF and sent home from his assignment. The Cong treated him worse than a murderer. He got reinstated but they never accepted him back . We told him once that one day it would be different in the WTS. We told him that things would change, young people in the Org wanted change. We had a dream , a place where people were not judged due to race, sexuality or economic status. unfortunately it was a dream. He was a brilliant person who lived in a two bit Podunk town . No one ever found out who took his life. I can't say too much more b/c I would be outing myself .

This board is for jws and those who have left. We all have issues to resolve. This isn't a board dedicated to child molestation or rape issues. There are some other support boards started by other xjws for that purpose. We do consider these threads and often spend a lot of time talking about those issues. The same could be said regarding homosexuality issues. We are able to talk about this issue here and do so a lot. The board is not exclusively a gay support board however.

I think timothy is just fine. He's only just begun so this issue is major for him. The board has generally always been supportive or all , whatever issues they want to talk about.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Homosexuality is ALWAYS justifiable, but I agree with Found Sheep. I don't need a reason or permision to be me.

Snoozy- I can't speak for anyone else but personally I am only attracted to men who look and act like men, and I don't mean "act" as in pretending or being macho. I have no interest in feminine guys-if I want someone feminine I will try to find a girlfriend!

I often find the guys I am attracted to are not the ones women find attractive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit