Is homosexuality ever justifiable? I say YES!!!

by TimothyT 117 Replies latest watchtower bible

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

While i understand fundamentalists feel differently, this whole thread, including the tittle, make me say...... "meh"

why does homosexuality have to be "justified"? If two consenting adults of the same gender consent to a platonic, semi sexual or full sexual relationship why does that need anyone else's "justification"? Its feels like a struggle against people on this board who by and large arnt arguing against it in the first place. Again, i grant that the world has plenty of fundies to fight with on this topic but jwn just dosent seem to need convincing, by and large. Im sorry some felt repressed by the org, but then i was represed by the org as a heterosexual. I hope we all find fullfilling relationships and never again feel the need to justify it

• DJS
    DJS

Morpheus,

Ditto. Timothy T's OP dates from 3 years ago, and he seems to have been struggling with this. Bumping it has relevance, but I agree completely with you. What consenting adults do in private is no one's business, regardless of DNA, choice, recreation, gender or whatever. The Borg and the Fundies are hung up on whether gays are born that way; they have to have something, whether it is the DNA argument, the universality of gay marriage and societal acceptance, I suppose that allows them to begin tearing down their hateful bible inspired wall of bigotry and replacing it with acceptance. The Dark Lords will be the last to change.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    WOW! JD is totally obtuse! - DD

Yep.

"tabernacle" = skene NOT naos.

Rev 7:15 naos - Strongs 3485 = a temple, a shrine, that part of the temple where God himself resides.

Only the priest could enter the naos.

Rev 21:3 skene - Strongs 4633 = tent

Omg. And where was the tent that the priest entered? Was it in heaven or was it on earth? Where was the temple IN JERUSALEM where GODS HOUSE was? Was it in Jerusalem, in Israel, on earth AMONG MEN or in heaven?

In both cases, the tent or tabernacle and the temple were on earth among men in the midst of the people. This is exactly where the book of revelation places it as well, hence the crowd, Ochlos, is in the Naos where God resides in the same sense as he always does/has in the bible among his people on earth. They are in the temple because they no longer have priests to represent them on earth and have been made clean and thus are holy and may enter the temple (check Hebrews chapter 7, where paul states there would no more be any priest succession as Christ is said to be the king priest for eternity who will never die).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

TimothyT - "Is homosexuality ever justifiable? I say YES!!!"

Agreed.

'Specially if they're... um... women... who are... really hot...

• cofty
    cofty

Jonathan Drake - You do violence to the good book in the same way as JWs do.

If you want to start a new thread on the Great Crowd I will explain to you why you are wrong.

• steve2
    steve2

How can anyone do violence to a "good" book that itself reeks of violence of all sorts, including "God"-instructed genocide?

• cofty
    cofty
    I take your point steve but I honestly believe that as an atheist I have more regard for the context and intention of the text than most christians who treat it like a collection of fortune cookies.
  • TimothyT
    TimothyT
    Well its been some time. Interesting conversation has been taking place here while I have been living my life. Thanks for all your comments. I am doing great these days. I dont really care anymore about the bible and all the stuff that comes with it. Had enough of religion and im now far too strong to be bothered by it all. Getting married to Jack in May. We have been together for 4 and a half years now. I guess I should thank the JW's for kicking me out. They really helped me! xxx
  • Heaven
    Heaven

TimothyT... have been wondering about you. Thanks for letting us know you are doing great! Yay!

Oh my goddess... you are getting married?! This is wonderful news. I am so very happy for you. I wish you all the best.

And yes... leaving JW land is very liberating.

• Giordano
    Giordano
    Good to hear your doing well and enjoying your freedom. Congrats on the upcoming May marriage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit