Video of my Circuit Assembly visit!

by serenitynow! 107 Replies latest jw friends

• agonus
    agonus

Hungry and tired... nighty night.

• Philadelphia Ponos
    Philadelphia Ponos

LOL @ExWhyZee

You sound like me a couple of months ago. Make a brief return to the JWs like I did and you'll remember why you left. The people aren't nearly as nice as you paint them out to be. I certainly don't understand why they were applauding the exit of two women who weren't disturbing anyone. You would think they would perfer them to stay and hear something that would cause them to have a change of heart.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Serenity...good for you! I enjoyed the video.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Thanks SerenityNow...was curious whether it was in the U.S. or Canada...the police had to be shaking their heads over your heinous crime!

Can you imagine? Cities in Michigan struggle to keep public services going. Cuts are made to the police, firefighters, schools, sanitation---they are really stressed. If someone were to try to squealch the JW freedom of speech, they would stress those resources further by endless court battles. And now we see that when someone ELSE uses their right to freedom of speech-without being disruptive-they are willing to use those resources even more. I can't imagine how irritated those police were to be called into a spat amongst siblings while some woman was having to wait ffor help while getting her face pounded by a boyfriend.

For a people that want to be "no part of the world" they certainly think it revolves around them.

• undercover
    undercover

: "How could the cops make you leave if you weren't doing anything illegal and were in a PUBLIC BUILDING?"

Assembly Halls are not public buildings. It's a private building with meetings open to the public. The owners can ask anyone to leave at anytime. Rented halls operate similarly. The cops were cool, they knew it was much ado about nothing. The scene of a dozen or more 'watchmen' lining the aisles to keep the unwanted corraled and moving out would be funny if it weren't so stupidly cult like. Their adrenaline was spiking. I know, I've been there. I've done it. It's embarrassing to think about it now. They think they're like FBI agents protecting the masses from terrorists or something but they're just stupid little cult members whose perceived power has gone to their head.

To clarify what I said yesterday, I don't mean to be overly critical of what Serenity and gang did. I just wanted to point out the possible adverse effects of those type actions. What's the old saying, 'every action has an equal and opposite reaction' or sumthin like that? While I am critical of over the top demonstrations and unbalanced behavior of some protestors, I realize that not all protests and protesters are like that and while I may not see the need in partaking in such activity myself or if I even question the ultimate result, I support the right of people like Serenity to use legal, safe and moderate ways to protest the WTS and it's shunning policies.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

XYZ: Laura, what were you trying to accomplish? Did you think your actions were going to convince anyone to rethink their religious convictions then and there ?If anything you confirmed everything that's been said lately about apostates being mentally diseased.

At the risk of being in the distinct minority here, I don't think this kind of action results in anything positive. (Unless it is therapeudic for the parties involved. I've come to realize that some have really suffered some harm at the hands of the "bOrg". And that is a travesty.) In the average JWs mind, it reafffirms all the negative things being printed and said about those who leave the Truth (TM) . And in the end, it's another "victory" for the WT Team. They will spin it for months or years of another example of "being hated on account of [Jesus] name" but HS directing the attendants to handle it in a way that made a good witness to the authorities of their peaceful, Christlike manners. The JWs could not "stage" a better PR tactic for the R&F in attendance. All the "weak" JWs that chose to skip the assembly will regret that they were not there to personally witness further "signs" of the nearness of The End.

From the looks of things, you could have made better use of your time by cleaning up your livingroom a little before inviting us into it !

That's kind of a cheap shot that really doesn't improve the level of this discussion, do you think, XYZ?

DOC

• life is to short
    life is to short

Have to run to work so I am marking.

LITS

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

As far as cults go at least the JW response is nonviolent.. imagine doing this at a scientology meeting, you wouldn't leave alive.

That lady following was so creepy.. really something out of a horror movie.

They were probably expecting you to transform into a fiery demon and start shooting lightning bolts out of your eyes. At least that's the idea you get when you see how they react to your presence.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Whether it was a good thing to do or not I don't know but it was hilarious being treated like a dangerous enemy surrounded and watched that was really wacko paranoid.

Personally I don't love them or want ever to sing with them or anything like that but sneaking in and than revealing your apostate shirts sounds like fun.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I knew I recognized that Assembly Hall! Our family made many a trip to Holt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit