Video of my Circuit Assembly visit!

by serenitynow! 107 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Agonus:

Disagree and act like an ass - you're a tool of Satan.
    Disagree respectfully and be a total sweetheart - you're still a tool of Satan.
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

True, but the difference is how YOU act. As you pointed out, you can act like a an ass.....or you can act respectfully.

I prefer to disagree with them in ways that allow both me - and them - to keep our dignity.

I'm not sure this is the way to do it.

• agonus
    agonus

From the July 15th Study Edition of the WT: "If we stop actively supporting Jehovah's work, then we start following Satan. There is no middle ground."

That's how they view you, bro. Straight from the horse's mouth. More to come about THEIR definition of "apostate".

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Holt, MI. Close to Lansing.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Thanks SerenityNow...was curious whether it was in the U.S. or Canada...the police had to be shaking their heads over your heinous crime!

• agonus
    agonus

palmtree,

I follow you. Keep your civility and let the GB make such asses of themselves the JWs can't ignore it anymore, right?

Even Jesus got publicly angry, however. I'd wager He'd forgive us for doing the same.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Whats so wrong with going to a public meeting wearing a shirt that says what you believe? They go to your private homes bringing pamphlets stating why we are doomed

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Palmtree, I at no time lost my dignity. I have always been someone who would speak up and expose wrongdoing and injustice. I was just being myself. The shirts were tasteful. The brothers made this a spectacle. Had they just ignored us, would there have been a video? We were quiet, allowed our clothing to speak for us. If they didn't want to see it, they didn't have to look. We were peaceful.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Agonus,

Yes, Jesus went right into the temple grounds and drove out the money changers.

He had the right to do that, he had the authority, he was God's Son.

Do we have that same right? To enter their "temple" and disrupt?

Did Jesus give his followers that same authority?

I'm not sure.

That's all I'm saying.

Of course, I love you and dear Serenity...... And I understand the emotion that this comes from.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Preach with boldness. They taught me that. They created the monster.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

They created the monster.

Agreed.

I just feel we need to hold ourselves to a higher standard.

But as I said, I understand the emotions that go along with this. So if this is what you need to do in order to heal yourself - mentally and emotionally, then OK.

But I get the impression from the video that your friend went there for a different reason.

((( Serenity )))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit