Victoria, Australia: Report on Oct. 11th hearing involving Steven Unthank

by AndersonsInfo 156 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

http://jehovah.net.au/aust_statistics.html

Here are some historical statistics for Aussie JWs.

It will be interesting if some of the elders fail the WWC application. I imagine they will need to be removed, which is the main embarrassment that the WTS is probably trying to avoid.
  • yesidid
    yesidid

It will be interesting if some of the elders fail the WWC application. I imagine they will need to be removed, which is the main embarrassment that the WTS is probably trying to avoid.

Yes Paul, I think you probably hit the nail on the head there.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Yes Paul, I think you probably hit the nail on the head there.

I agree too. This felt from the beginning that the Society was hiding something. I keep waiting to hear a good reason for the high official (overseer, or director?) of the Australian branch that was moved to Poland after the first criminal court date had taken place.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

I keep waiting to hear a good reason for the high official (overseer, or director?) of the Australian branch that was moved to Poland after the first criminal court date had taken place.

This took place recently? Who and when?

• ScenicViewer
  • mind blown
    mind blown

http://vimeo.com/25581273

http://www.silentlambs.org/Souter.htm

You mean Harold Viv Mouritz that's mentioned in theses child abuse articles? Maybe he knew too much or was told by GB how to handle these cases so they sent him away so he can't point the finger?

• Spectre
    Spectre

Wow! ....just....wow!

How did I miss this these past few days? This is incredible.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

@ Mind Blown

You mean Harold Viv Mouritz that's mentioned in theses child abuse articles? Maybe he knew too much or was told by GB how to handle these cases so they sent him away so he can't point the finger?

Yes, that's the name that was mentioned in the previous thread.

Question...Would he have been sent away because he could point the finger at someone, or perhaps because he was more directly involved in the child molesting issue? If he could point a finger, he probably wouldn't since he is an organization man. They all know when to keep quiet, or to lie in the name of the Theocratic War Strategy.

Or, is there a possibility he could not have passed a backaground check himself?

There are many possible reasons why a man would be moved to another branch, but the timing of this looks bad. After all, the Society cautions all witnesses to avoid the appearance of wrong doing, and failing to do so can be a disfellowshipping offense for any individual Witness.

The timing is this:

-- Several Watchtower entities are charged with 7 counts each, criminal charges for failing to comply with the WWC law.

-- The first court appearance happens on 9-13-2011, and the second is scheduled for 10-11-2011.

-- After the first court session the branch director is moved to Poland.

-- Next the Society issues a letter to bodies of elders telling them to comply with the law, still before the second court session.

-- Then, at the second session, the Society's attorney, when asked by the Judge why compliance hadn't been met, replied 'it's all been sorted out now.'

This does not have a good appearance. If the man is completely innocent of anything to do with child molesting, the Society is making him look guilty.

• mind blown
    mind blown

@ScenicViewer

Good points! Looks suspicious, doesn't it?!! An Orgaized man?! Sounds rather like the Mafia..even the part of Viv being sent away....lol...

From everything I'm reading, it doesn't look like the Crown is buying "any" of the WTS attorney excuses or rebuttals. it's not going to be so cut n dry as to say "it's all been sorted out" due to the following:

http://www.jwnews.net/....NOTE: in relation to the seriousness of the charges and allegations of "wide spread child abuse" and neglect within the religion of Jehovah’s Witnesses, a formal submission to the Australian Senate is now being prepared for the purpose of requesting an immediate "Senate inquiry" into the alleged ongoing criminal activities being committed within Australia by the Committee of Management for the Religion of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    This case shows a strategy error and a lack of savyness. . . . BOTR

Yes I agree . . . conforming now after charges have been laid will also not help them IMO . . . it's too late and is totally transparent damage control, not a change of understanding or heart. They had years to prepare for the introduction of this legislation . . . and were repeatedly requested to do so by the State Judiciary and offered help to comply which they refused. The best compliance can do is mitigate sentencing. Crimes have been committed. Heads will roll. It's a shitstorm they can no longer hide from.

Interesting stats jwfacts . . . especially 2008-2009. thanks for link.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit