You might have a problem when the conversation ends with your wife walking away from you...fingers in her ears.....yelling " Jehovah help me! Jehovah help me!"

by oompa 53 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So sorry to hear your woes. In the car recently, my wife asked me why I didn't tell my brother-in-law what I thought about his political webblog and some other stuff.

She really knows the answer is that I don't tell my BIL off because of my sister. But I was in the right mood and she caught me at the right moment.

"Because talking to my BIL about politics is exactly like talking to you about the Bible and religion. You automatically start from the premise that absolutely anything from Watchtower is correct and true and I might as well be talking to a brick wall. Same with my brother in law and politics. He starts from the premise that "He" knows/ "He" is right and I am talking to a brick wall.

She shuts down and doesn't come back with anything when I go that far.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Firstly I have to admit I giggled when I read the title. The tragedy is too painful to consider for all of us here have lost people we love. But the idea that someone puts their fingers in their ears to call to an imaginary god for help is somehow ironically funny. If only they would take those fingers out.

I thought long and hard about what I would do and I hope you do not take offence at me saying this. Assuming you love her still, I imagine you do. Ask her for one last meeting, one last day out to talk things over. Say it will be a public place.. like... a museum. Meet her next to the remains of a Neanderthal or homo erectus or even a dinosaur... and when she gets there just point at it and ask "how?" "when?" Let her know that what the JW's believe is not just an issue of faith or debate, its an issue of fictionalising FACTS. People dont leave because they are evil and want to see it brought down, they leave because its bullshit and lies !

It pains me to know my family still believe and I will one day take them to that damn museum been as they wont look for themselves. Mission objective 1 will of course be dodging the JW tour guide that waits at the door..... sneaky fu**ers! I dont remember the Neanderthal / Human ancestors section of the society museum tour... maybe they Men In Black memory tazered us as we left.

My thoughts are really with you and others in the same sitution, I hope the pain is mellow and fleeting. Know this, you are a good person and you are doing the right thing. To lie to oneself even for love is not to live.

Snare x

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Oompa,

Have you read Steve Hassan's first book?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

That sucks oompa

Funny how we 'satans' are actually better 'christians' than the JWs could ever be.

Ive been satan to my ex for nigh on 12 or 13 years, but dont take the blame.

Oh and please get out of the 'i'm the bad guy i love her so much i'll pay her anything' mood.

That suckers game left me broke for a decade, and i'll tell you, she won't appreciate it, and, she will come back for more.

oz

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

When I read the title, I envisioned my mother, who would do the EXACT same thing and she'd have tears and be acting like she was soooooo persecuted. Hysterically funny but colossaly irritating at the same time.

Oompa, I am terribly sorry you're going through this ordeal.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Sorry to hear of the troubles Oompa . . .

The WTS do one thing better than anything else . . . seperate families.

As others have encouraged . . . hold the high moral ground.

Have you read Steve Hassan's first book? . . . leavingwt

Do this if you haven't already.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Even though it has not worked out well with your wife, you have your sons to be a father to and since they are out they will look to you for understanding and acceptance.

• mouthy
    mouthy

OOMPO

• lola-rabbit
    lola-rabbit

So sad... but keep strong. You are doing a good thing. Things will get better.

• oompa
    oompa

well i had to take a few days off and came back to find nice responses here as usual....

but when i got to page two and read INTELS post....

I decided we should closme MY thread and all of us send our meds to him ASAP!!!!! good god if there was one man.....do ANYTHING but but back in time...that is not growing or learning from your mistakes or nuttin!!!! you need to live in REALITY and accept what i have...that even if you were madly in love with your wife...and i am not either....it is just impossible to have any kind of healthy or normal marriage with TOTALLY SEPARATE SOCIAL LIVES!!!!!!

i loved her enough to make it work or at least really try as long as i had a chance at some inkling of normalacy....it might have been enough...but that is totally gone once they announce from the ol platform you are indeed mentally diseased...lmao!...talk about shooting HER in the foot...and she and my then jw son and my folks and others had a VERY hard time with what they percieved as abuse in my case...but they just went by their elder handbook i told her...so lighten up on them!!...hahaha......so i wonder what she will think about them when she is working for very very little money for the next 25 years maybe if she can even get a job....

and i have been married to this jw wife number two for 15 years coming up...just like my first one! and my boys are from my first wife...still a die hard jw that works for me full time...ya just shoot me!!!!....we do not work side by side or even on the same floor....but i sure as heck aint having two exwives work for me!!!!!!

and i was separated from her for one year until last november when she took me in from the hospital after my severe motorcycle crash and nursed me back to heath this far....and i did not ask her to and am grateful she did but as my therapists said, she befefited from that action too and did not have to work another year and was obviously hoping i would prob be "smothered in love and come back in"....instead i had evil men calling me up wanting to interrogate me about my medical treatment while i still had a feeding tube in and trach tube in my throat....and i would cuss them out again if they called me again like that!!!!

cussing out elders is actually very empowering and theraputic me thinks....and it kinda does send a message that you no longer want to be known as one of jehovahs witnesses....and i feel good and proud of that now...and yep...they cant hurt me anymore.......oomps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit