You might have a problem when the conversation ends with your wife walking away from you...fingers in her ears.....yelling " Jehovah help me! Jehovah help me!"

by oompa 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

((Oompa)) you have been very patient wth your wife.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

When we are in a relationship we often feel that is the only one we ever want..but get away for a while and you realize it is a big world out there..
    I loved my JW hubby with all my heart..he died in 2003. I miss him but I do not miss what he put me through being a JW..Oompa you just reminded me of some of the misery I went through..and I don't miss that part of it at all. They constantly make you feel like you are the devil..
    Now I am on my own and loving life..Life is beautiful again and I don't hear how the world and me are going to be destroyed because we aren't a JW..you don't reallize how really sick it all is (JW teaching) until you get away from it all..my heart goes out to you.

I know you probably love your wife the same way I loved my husband, she comes first...The sad truth is she loves her god first and you second..a painful fact we slowly come to realize...

I hope you eventually can find the happiness you deserve and trust me, you can find happiness out there without her if it comes to that.

Snoozy..been through it all!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Oompa. I get this a lot but it's subsiding a bit. If I say something Mrs Punk doesn't like I get slammed doors and the talk to the hand and all sorts.

Sadly, Mrs Punk thinks she's so 'spiritual'.

Best take it easy with Mrs Oompa, she's in a terrible situation in her mind where God's gonne murder you soon and she'll go into paradise without you but still be happy somehow. How can she even begin to quantify it?

The cult is very controlling and she is a victim of their 'mind cleansing'.

Hang in there mate!

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

(((((oompa))))))

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    ...so I have started the painful process...and I will be fair and reasonable.....I can at least prove to them all that I am decent man...

Oompa, I'm sorry you're going through this. It hurts, and there are no winners in the game--only survivors. Keep on being that decent man. You might give up the companionship and half the assets, but don't let anybody take your self-respect.

Practical advice: if at possible, start negotiating the settlement with her now. The more you agree on in advance the less you'll spend on lawyers, and the sooner it's over the sooner you can both start healing.

Have faith, there is an end in sight!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

She said she wants out? I haven't followed the history of this, sorry. I can't imagine its the only answer but I can see how it may be. Doesn't love prevail? I always thought it would. Sorry Oompa.

• cult classic
    cult classic

"Jehovah help me! Jehovah help me!"

Sad to say, we know she was serious when she said this.

Hang in there Oompa.

• N.drew
    N.drew

She didn't say "Jehovah help us" ? Dear Oompa, that is something to consider and speak to her about, if you can. I can not relate to your situation, but whenever discussions with my "unbelieving" husband became too hot to handle, I have on occasion said something similar, but it was more like hey heaven, can you see what is going one down here!!! Tell her you want Justice, that Salvation will take care of itself. That we can not save ourself, even Jesus warned about it. Matthew 16:25, Mark 8:35, Luke 9:24, John 12:25. Peace!

• crazycate
    crazycate

I am so sorry for your pain.

• flipper
    flipper

OOMPA- My JW ex-wife I was married to 19 years called me " from the Devil " as well and actually threw a New World Translation of the Bible at me in the hallway at our house once. Somehow I think the honeymoon may be over when wives call you the " DEVIL " or throw Bible's at you. Just saying. Hope you have a happier life . I wish you the best

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit