You might have a problem when the conversation ends with your wife walking away from you...fingers in her ears.....yelling " Jehovah help me! Jehovah help me!"

by oompa 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

I wish I had some brilliant advice to give you.

Just know that we are here and we care.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I'm really sorry Oompa. I'm glad your children are free. I think your decision about being as reasonable and considerate as possible during any divorce proceedings will be the right thing.

My wife and I don't have those tough conversations anymore. Almost all religious conversations are a demilitarized zone and we just don't go there. It works for us. BUT, it isn't really a perfect situation having a marriage mate where you can't share everything, discuss everything and enjoy each other for who you are. It also sucks knowing my wife (and other JWs) think I'm the devil's tool and mentally diseased - even if they don't say it to me I know it's part of their underlying thoughts.

Hang in there man.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Anyone who's ever tried to reason with a JW has had this happen; family, "friends", people at the door, etc. To a brainwashed cult member, the truth is like sunlight to vampires (or to darkness). Darkness flees in the presence of light. Either their minds release the darkness, or they physically flee. Cognitive dissonance demands the mental zombies relieve the discomfort of facing the impossibility of what they believe. Relearning an entire life's worth of indoctrination is difficult and daunting. It's much easier to simply attack the messenger and deny, deny, deny.

• nugget
    nugget

Oompa I am so sorry, Marriage needs communication, you need to be able to talk and exchange thoughts and without it you are lodgers sharing a living space. Sometimes love is not enough.

I feel sorry for her trapped in a JW world that makes her behave badly and drives a wedge between you. Why so many allow themselves to be abused by an uncaring organisation and can't see it for themselves always amazes me.

Telling elders how little the mean is a very cathartic experience I would recommend it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit