You might have a problem when the conversation ends with your wife walking away from you...fingers in her ears.....yelling " Jehovah help me! Jehovah help me!"

by oompa 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I'm going through the same thing Oompa. I'm from the Devil and that's reinforced by her family and friends. It's good to show them that you're still a decent person. PM me if you need to chat or so.

• ziddina
    ziddina

With both of your boys out, her position is becoming less and less desirable...

There must have been some feelings of moral superiority and justification for her, while the two boys were still "in"...

But now things are looking mighty lonely for her...

That is a GOOD thing!! If handled properly, such feelings might eventually help her to consider other possibilities - like the possibility that the Watchtower Corporation IS a cult...

But as others have said, you have to be very patient... Take things very slowly... Give her time to figure it out for herself...

Any pressure apparently tends to make her dig in her heels...

I hope for the very best results for you - but in time, Oompa, in time...

Zid

• LV101
    LV101

THIS MAKES ME SICK. pray someone can stand up to the evil watchtower someday.

I'm so sorry.

• Intel
    Intel

Dear oompa,

I have appreciated your continuous comments on this site and have always looked forward to read your comments. For me you are a decent human being. I feel sad. Please don't let yourself go down.

"Nothing happens to any man which he is not formed by nature to bear"- Marcus Aurelius

at bigmac and MrFlipper and Outlaw (I LOVE your intelligent sarcasm/humour - it often lightens up very serious threads!!! Thank you, thank you and thank you again): Not wishing to hijack this thread, but I think oompa could benefit from yours and others experience. Myself? I don't know whats happening with me. My experience is almost the same as oompa's (18 years of marriage, been Bethelites, etc.) she decided to walk away with our 2-year old baby girl. It made my heart bleed.

Now I am in a new, wonderful, refreshing new relationship with a girl that can handle my "shitty-JW-past".....and now I am confronted with this: 2 weeks ago my former wife (divorce has not gone through yet) is "re-thinking" our situation and she wants me back and says she can handle and put up with my apostate thinking......I miss my little girl sooo much, and the years and years of marriage are coming back through memories.....she put me through with lots of pain because of her fanatical JW-thinking, and now I am almost considering going back to her, because of my daughter....I don't know if I love my former wife....maybe I will sorry for her, because of her pain.....but I'm in love with my new partner.....at the same time I feel egoistic for "doing this" to my ex-wife........the past days I've been struggling, not sleeping and crying a lot.....with no reason as I was enjoying life and a wonderful new partner for a while now.......this new "offer" is making my life miserable again....I don't think she can put up with my thinking because we spent almost five years fighting over this shitty cult......I think it could become a trap........

I am counting all this, because oompa might go through the same process.....I hope you will be well my friend.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ooooo, Intel...

In your case, you've already moved on and have begun to build a new and better life...

Remember how the Watchtower Corporation is always "flip-flopping"???

It would not surprise me, if your almost-ex-wife were to "flip-flop" too - like cult leader, like cult follower...

I have an unpleasant feeling that, if you DID go back to her, within a month or two the cult personality would re-surface and she'd be trying to manipulate you using guilt and fear, again...

What you CAN do, is use this concilatory attitude of hers to get ROCK-SOLID LEGAL RIGHTS to see your daughter - heck, talk to your current 'significant other' and find out how she'd feel about having your daughter with you, part-time....

If you COULD obtain more and greater visiting rights, you might be able to 'innoculate' her against the cult-think, as she grows up...

That would be far better for ALL concerned, than going back to the soon-to-be-ex-wife and going back into the cult again...

Just a thought...

Zid

• blondie
    blondie

Hi oompa. My husband left a few months after me. We are in agreement that we will never go back.

When I was a jw, jws who obsessed about demons and Satan, scared me and I avoided them. They lacked confidence that God loved them and protected them, doubting God's ability to hold demonism at bay. I felt it was an attention-getting tactic, getting others to see them as special. I went to pioneer school and went d2d with the CO who stopped at a garage sale and laughed at the ideas of some jws that considered those items demonized.

All you can do is show love and patience which you have been doing. But don't let others judge you and label you. I'm sure you have inner values you live up to. Those are more important.

Love, Blondie

• Intel
    Intel

Thanks Zid. You are right. I just wanted to share with oompa that a new and better life IS possible and yet, it isn't "all fun and partying"...going away and leaving the cult and everything related to them is not easy. I thought it would be a "walk in the park" and now I'm noticing that it isn't...

...but you are right, this cult WILL destroy marriages and families with no mercy! oompas wife thinks he is satan, my soon-to-be-ex continously insisted that I am mentally sick and need to take medication and "come back" to the "warm bathtub of Jehovah".....(my words, not hers, but that is how they make the Borg sound).

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "insisted that I am mentally sick and need to take medication and "come back" to the "warm bathtub of Jehovah"..."

Why on earth does the mental image of someone peeing in the water, come to mind?????

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I thought I was Done... Dead... Alone.....

It took some time to adjust....(few years)

But wow when the ball started rolling............

I have Never Been As Happy as I am NOW!!!

I found a Wonderful Wife and New Life that is SOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo much better than the life I thought was Paradise!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Oompa, we have had a few conversations many months ago. I feel your pain.

One of my 'ah ha' monments when my (ex) wife screemed at me in public that I had "demons flying through my head."

There is not many situations that can compete with that event.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit